Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

slammer

Might as well start this with the cold weather here. Shouldn't be too far off now.

BisoNation

Dead Lake bay is froze, Half of Marion Froze. smaller lakes froze overnight.

lakesbisonguy

Hows the ice on Buchanan? love fishing there early ice laugh

McGurk

Wow. Keep the snow away for another week or two and we may have some great ice this year!

Gissert

South turtle was skimming when the sun came up. light breeze has it open though the east half is mostly frozen. West Battle and Clitherall were steaming like mad this morning. Tonight should lock up smaller and medium lakes if the breeze stays low.

Maverick1951

Hey Biso, Which bay are you talking about. The far east bay off of Hwy 14? Do you have any more information on that part of the lake or the rest of the lake. Thanks.

McGurk

Mav, the North end of Deaf locked up last weekend according to a resort owner. Don't know if the wind factored in yesterday.

PFUNK

Anyone know what the ice situation is on Marion? Thanks.

Maverick1951

Thanks, McGurk. I am thinking about heading up in a day or two just to check things out. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good winter of ice fishing.

McGurk

Keep me in the loop, I won't be up until Dec at the earliest.

slammer

Anything from the Dalton/Ashby area?

Bogie04

I'm heading to Ashby tomorrow. Heard reports of up to 7" on pelican. Its go time!

fishlakeman

I'm heading back to Ottertail tomorrow. Anyone know when OT locked up? Looking to do some ice fishing tomorrow night if I can get out there to the first break, otherwise will choose a shallower smaller lake around there.

tacklebox7FF

only 7 in the narrows... id be careful elsewhere out in the main part its thinner

tacklebox7FF

eagle just froze over last night

Bogie04

Thanks for the info tacklebox! Any reports on lake Aaron or Moses?

B. Amish

I'm heading back to Ottertail tomorrow. Anyone know when OT locked up? Looking to do some ice fishing tomorrow night if I can get out there to the first break, otherwise will choose a shallower smaller lake around there.

the middle was still open on the 19th.

tacklebox7FF

heard a rumor not sure if it's true.. Ottertail had 2-6in but very spotty anyone hear anything?

tacklebox7FF

also some moron parked on the ice and broke through at the access on pelican by the narrows Friday didn't see how he got out.. but im guessing a wrecker

Bogie04

Fished Pelican all weekend with great success, and didn't hear of anyone going through... We had 6-8" where we fished. Lots of houses being drug out with atv's.

fishlakeman

I made it out to Ottertail on Saturday. Very sketchy dangerous ice conditions. 80% of the lake has 2 inches of ice or less right now. I went out from the pelican bay access and to the first break, there was 6 inches, so that wasn't too bad, so if you wanted to be on the safe side, I think you would be ok to make it out there. The ice severely deteriorated beyond the break to less than 2 inches. I also tried the break out from the old Pier restaurant and the ice was much worse. Very variable with spots of open water and 2 inches of ice. Very scary. We were able to barely get out to the break through a series of zig zags around bad spots. Most of the lake over by zorbaz and everything only has 2 inches or less. Lots of broken ice, pressure ridges, open water spots, etc. The SE area of the lake had all the broken ice blow in and refreeze and that's why there's just enough to make it out there to about the break. If your not planning on going out from Pelican bay to the very first break,, you cant fish ottertail right now. Oh, and fishing was terrible to my suprise. Fished early morning, and evening on the breaks, drilled over 50 holes and hopped all over the place, and found 2 tullabee's and that was it. Nothing moved in at sundown like they usually do. Not even marks on the vexilar, just dead. Kind of strange.

slammer

Anyone been on Ten Mile?

fatman

How is the ice on Otter tail anyone driving out pulling wheel houses yet.

nels824

Was out this weekend on the west end out of Amor, 8-9 inches of ice. Saw only 2 perms out and wheelers and snowmobiles only.

BisoNation

-13 last night, everything should be good to go. expecting atv's by tuesday!