• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2014-2015

Rick

Can't lose games like this, Martin was taking way too many shots, and cost us another game down the stretch. I really think Wiggins is our best bet when we are in last shot situations. He seems to be able to create the best shots for himself over anyone else on the team.

Hope Rubio isn't out long, but it doesn't look good.

Quote:
Kevin Garnett has made it very clear that he has no intention of coaching in the NBA when his playing days are over. That doesn’t mean the 15-time All-Star intends to walk away from the league completely.

On Thursday, Garnett told Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports that his goal is to one day own the Minnesota Timberwolves.

“I want to buy the Timberwolves,” he said. “Put a group together and perhaps some day try to buy the team. That’s what I want.”

Garnett has made $315 million during his career, which is more than any other player in NBA history. That includes guys named Michael Jordan, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. He will make another $12 million with the Brooklyn Nets this year.

As Spears notes, Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said earlier this year that he is searching for a minority partner who would hold an option to buy him out. Garnett, who played for current T-Wolves president and coach Flip Saunders, still feels close ties to the organization that gave him his start in the NBA.

“That is the one that has my interest,” he said. “I have ties there. Flip’s there.”

Forbes Magazine estimated back in January that the Timberwolves are worth $430 million. Garnett does not intend to retire after the season, so he will be able to stockpile some more money before beginning that phase of his life.

Between the money Garnett has made on the court and through endorsements, there’s no reason to believe he couldn’t put together a group to buy a stake in a team that is worth less than most NBA franchises.

I heard Flip talking about this when he was asked what he thinks KG would do after playing days and Flip made the same comments!! I would for one welcome it as with his competitive drive I think he would be a wonderful owner!!