• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hughes

blue_healer_guy

I might not watch another twins game in my life if they dont let hughes get 1 more out in Detroit. He is at 209.66 inn and a 500,000 bonus if he reaches 210 inng. Rain delay today didnt let him finish after 8. He could relieve in Detroit Sat or Sun if the twins have balls. My guess is they wont. 10/90 would be my prediction.

This is the most press the twins got all year besides the all star game, if they don't let him pitch it's gonna leave a real sour taste in Hughes mouth for next year, he's our ace better keep him happy

Kind of hard to feel bad for a guy making 6.5 million a year. Had 30+ starts to get an extra out. Did get shafted by the rain today and a few starts ago.

Not very hard to fault a team living on the cheap from top to bottom. Another bennie for them from the open air stadium they were given.

yes, they better either pay it to him minus the full inning or someone higher up better instruct gardy to let him pitch an inning or whatever this weekend.

Read that the Twins offered to give him a very brief appearance one of these last games. That seemed like a classy move on the Twins part.

Hughes turned it down, which seemed like an even classier move. Unless he said, "There's no way I want to throw one more pitch for this disaster of a squad this year."

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/0...turned-it-down/

He should just pitch another out and donate it to kids with cancer or something. I would rather take the money and give it away than let the Polad's hang on to it.