• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whitewater Grouse

Just wondering if anyone has ever had luck grouse hunting the Whitewater WMA. I've only been there a handful of times in the past 10 years but I have yet to see a bird. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the population density in Itasca County where I do most of my bird hunting.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Just wondering if anyone has ever had luck grouse hunting the Whitewater WMA. I've only been there a handful of times in the past 10 years but I have yet to see a bird. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the population density in Itasca County where I do most of my bird hunting.

I don't know about the White Water area? But I'm headed to Itasca County to get spoiled! Thanks. grin

I certainly wouldn't go down there just for grouse hunting, especially if your already in grouse paradise. But if your going down there for trout fishing, then it wouldn't hurt to bring your shotgun.

I didn't hear near as much drumming this spring when I was SE Minnesota as I did a few years ago. Maybe the population there is in the downside of the cycle?

I live in New Prague, MN. I usually only make one or two trips per year to grouse hunt the Grand Rapids area and was wondering if it is worth my time to sneak in a quick trip or two to SE MN. By the sounds of it, birds do exist there, so I might keep trying.

There are definitely grouse down there in the bluff country; just not the numbers you see in a good year up north.