• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amateurfishing

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

Vikes sal cap will be looking pretty good the next few years if we cut him. It would be nice to get a real #1 WR we've needed the past 10 yrs.

#28 jersey. Check.

Switch. Check.

Ready for the game.

Stay classy, Minnesota.

BxgJPblCYAAZlYj.jpg

You are complaining about lack of class? How ironic.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I remember when I was a kid 2 of my cousins and I rode their new bikes down a street and got some fresh tar on them. uncle bud was not happy. lol. whipped us with raspberry stems. hurt like crazy. no reports made and we all turned out ok. well kinda lol

I remember when I was a kid 2 of my cousins and I rode their new bikes down a street and got some fresh tar on them. uncle bud was not happy. lol. whipped us with raspberry stems. hurt like crazy. no reports made and we all turned out ok. well kinda lol

You were age 4 at the time and were ordered to take off your pants and underwear prior to the whipping?

could not ride a bike when I was 4. I think I was about 10. had marks for quite a while.

was your scrotum lacerated like this kids?

Looks like the Vikings don't want anything to do with AP anymore.

full-18186-49064-greenway.jpg

Finally a true role model for kids.

Sure sh1t, CBS shows the new stadium image and AP is gone and some cheesy Vikings logo is photoshopped in his place.

hnd.... it is just fine. thx for being concerned

#28 jersey. Check.

Switch. Check.

Ready for the game.

Stay classy, Minnesota.

BxgJPblCYAAZlYj.jpg

Hey "Gardy's" taking in the game with her! She must be ok? wink

From Team Israel, I mean Ziggy Wiff regarding the reinstatement of A Peterson for Sunday's game against the taints.

Quote:
Today’s decision was made after significant thought, discussion and consideration. As evidenced by our decision to deactivate Adrian from yesterday’s game, this is clearly a very important issue. On Friday, we felt it was in the best interests of the organization to step back, evaluate the situation, and not rush to judgment given the seriousness of this matter. At that time, we made the decision that we felt was best for the Vikings and all parties involved.

To be clear, we take very seriously any matter that involves the welfare of a child. At this time, however, we believe this is a matter of due process and we should allow the legal system to proceed so we can come to the most effective conclusions and then determine the appropriate course of action. This is a difficult path to navigate, and our focus is on doing the right thing. Currently we believe we are at a juncture where the most appropriate next step is to allow the judicial process to move forward.

We will continue to monitor the situation closely and support Adrian’s fulfillment of his legal responsibilities throughout this process.

I cannot cheer for him, therefore I choose to not watch the game this Sunday... I urge you all to do the same. It is too soon. Get through the court and get back to me.

I cannot cheer for him, therefore I choose to not watch the game this Sunday... I urge you all to do the same. It is too soon. Get through the court and get back to me.

Wonder if the NFL will come in and suspend him indefinitely??? The Vikings might allow him to play, but the NFL might not.

I'll be watching the game !!!

Go Vikings !!

I've made a $hit pot of mistakes in my life.

I'm pretty sure I can't "cast any stones" and I'm pretty sure no else can either!

That's so lame.

Did YOU ever think it was God who "gave him the ability" to get 9 yards shy??!!

Tweet from Daniel Tosh (Tosh O) did not come from me....get a clue. And I find it ironic coming from him.

I'll be watching the game !!!

Go Vikings !!

I've made a $hit pot of mistakes in my life.

I'm pretty sure I can't "cast any stones" and I'm pretty sure no else can either!

Yep made a pile of mistakes, none of they including whipping a defenseless 4 yr old til he had blood running from welts on his legs, back, buttocks and scrotum. That is pretty close to, if not outright torture.

Gotta love how some think they r always better than the rest. Did he make a mistake? Absolutely. Should he lose his job over it, not sure. It is extremely obvious that he has complied 100% with authorities each and every step of the way which means he had no idea what he was doing is so wrong. Do I find that hard to believe, yes, but that does not mean its not possible. If he never had good parenting choices or classes and this is what he knew (and keep in mind it sounds like a normal part of society still in certain areas) then the real question is can he be held accountable for it? Everyone under this scenario is usually arrested, booked, released, and sentenced to community service, classes, fine, etc and never lose a job. Have him be the NFL's posterchild for child enDangerment and turn a negative into a positive. He already does tons of community service, addvthis to it along with anger management and parenting classes.

Though I cannot fathom doing what he did I can somewhat see how some parents could think this is normal. I mean they had terrible parents who showed them terrible parenting skills how would they learn any different? Peterson clearly didn't learn to keep his pecker in his pants by getting all these women pregnant so its clear he lacks some responsibility.

This may sound ridiculous but you cannot drive a car without passing a test they should require parenting tests before getting pregnant. I realize that wouldn't work but come on some of these goons don't have a clue because of how they were brought up. Yes you and I have probably been spanked beaten etc but there were enough other good parenting skills our parents gave us to carry on.

If he has to sit out a game for each of his kids who come forward with abuse allegations, he'll be off the field for months!

Its getting ugly now! They are coming out of the woodwork now that someone broke the ice! Do you think Jerry Jones still wants him in Dallas? Time to make the trade!

Quote:
Peterson facing more accusations

Updated: September 15, 2014, 8:57 PM ET

ESPN.com news services

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, already facing felony charges in Texas for child abuse, has been accused in a separate incident involving another son who is 4 years old, KHOU-TV in Houston has reported.

The CBS affiliate cites text messages that reportedly include a photo of the son with an apparent head wound covered by bandages.

Peterson was indicted by a grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child on Friday.

Peterson, who apologized in a statement Monday for "the hurt I have brought to my child," also said he will testify in court that he did not intend to harm his son and said he is "without a doubt, not a child abuser."

The Houston TV station reported the mother of the 4-year-old -- from a different mother than the child he stands charged with abusing -- filed a report with Child Protective Services but no charges have been filed.

The text exchange was as follows, according to KHOU-TV:

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat."

Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car."

Peterson: "Yep."

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

According to the report, Peterson then goes on to say he was disciplining his son for cursing at a sibling, though how specifically the child was wounded wasn't made clear.

Mother: "What did you hit him with?"

Peter never directly answered, the report said, but later replied: "Be still n take ya whooping he would have saved the scare (scar). He aight (all right)."

When asked about the new accusation, Adrian Peterson's father, Nelson, said, "I haven't seen that report. I haven't heard any allegations."

Peterson has faced heavy criticism for his use of a so-called switch to discipline the other son, but the running back said in his statement that he "never imagined being in a position where the world is judging my parenting skills or calling me a child abuser because of the discipline I administered to my son."

The Vikings deactivated Peterson for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots but announced in a statement on Monday that Peterson will play on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, adding they will let the legal process play out before deciding on further action. The NFL's only comment came on Saturday, when spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league will review Peterson's case "under the NFL's personal conduct policy."

Peterson is scheduled to enter a plea at an Oct. 8 hearing in Conroe, Texas, after his indictment for reckless or negligent injury to a child. Peterson faces up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine if found guilty.