• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers 2014

SkunkedAgain

My observation from last nights game is that james Starks might be looking for a job tomorrow afternoon. DuJuan Harris and this Hill kid (#22) were getting to the holes and thorugh them where Starks seemed to be at leadt a half step slower to the holes if he took the hole........

Tolzein looked good too.

Now we got to the game and got in early since it was my son's first Lambeau trip. The Kansas City kickers and ounter were out warming up and continued to warm up till the end of the third quarter, constantly kicking into the net, working on steps to the ball, etc. their punter stunk, the kickers were "eh" but they were kicking for atleadt 3 hours last night.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• mrklean

• BrianLucky13

• Todd S.

I'm not worried about Starks. He was probably looking to avoid injury more than anything. The guy runs hard in regular games. He delivers a blow and is an great asset when healthy. I'm looking forward to seeing him with a second healthy season in a row

Packer fans don't need to worry about anything other than keeping Rodgers upright and on the field...if he is, he's capable of beating anybody...anywhere...anytime.

Green and Gold are SB contenders as long as Rodgers is on the field....

We will see how they look tonight. Even though they gave up 8 or 9 sacks against the Seahawks during the 2012 Fail Mary game, the O-line is much improved since then and we added a running game. What I liked about the Fail Mary game is that Seattle's aggressive style prompted Green Bay to play as hard as I've seen them play in years. I hope to see that matched effort again tonight.

Seattle is 15 and 1 in the last two regular seasons at home.

Green Bay has zero chance of winning tonight.

Century Link Field is a brutally loud stadium.

Rodgers has shown a propensity to devolve into a mediocre quarterback when confronted with a hostile crowd and deafening noise.

All the talk about the Hail Mary game in 2012 cracks me up.

Nothing like Packer Fans living in the past.

Nothing like a Viking fan [PoorWordUsage] that there are teams with a past worth living in!

Well let's live in the now. The Packers are in sole possession of the worst record in the NFL.

The combination of Peppers and Matthews looks like it will help your pass rush but the back end don't look as good as they have been for some time.

The offensive line looks like they need a lot of work. Still a good team and I am not going to bash them on one game. As much as I would Luke to..

Hahahaha, just think how good the Packers could be on offense if they learned how to build an O-line.

Lynch turned their run D into swiss cheese. Did they think they were playing flag football?

That was a pretty tough place to open the season. No one wins in Seattle so no surprise what happened. I thought the packers would be a bit more competitive then that though.

Packers D is a little better then i thought. Sam Shields is really under rated. Clay Mathews was extra roided up. But they cannot stop the run in the least and thats been true for a while... Its a good thing Rodgers gets the lead in a lot of games and forces other teams to play catch-up because the packer run D is horrid. Yes, Seattles offense is one of the best rushing O's in the NFL, but Lynch and Harvin both averaged like 10 yds a carry

Also the packer O line did not look very good at all and that might be a problem going forward.

Having said that id still pick the pack to win the division until someone else actually does

Nothing like a Viking fan [PoorWordUsage] that there are teams with a past worth living in!

Show me where I stated I am a Vikings fan?

I will save you some time......I never stated that and I am not a Vikings Fan.

But you played another Packer Fan Classic Card......The Vikings Suck more card.

Typical Packers fans, even when their team gets embarrassed on National Television they still cannot grasp the concept of losing without making excuses.

RRR. Now I see why no one on here cares a lick what you say... Where did I say the Vikings suck more? Where did I say I'm a Packer fan... I merely said there are teams (more than the Packers) with a past worth living in.. If you're not a Viking fan, just interject whatever it is you are... Who really cares? I don't!

If you want an honest assessment of how I thought the Packers looked, simply ask. Surprisingly, all the Packer fans I know said the same thing of the game that I thought. Most I know are fairly critical of them...

Get a life... I think your Mom is calling you at the top of the stairs....

But Have a great weekend!

Ken

The Jets have a very stout DL and a pretty good 1-2 punch at RB. It's going to be a game that's promoted as Rodgers vs Geno Smith, but very likely will come down to the game in the trenches. The Packers need to be able to run the ball to help Rodgers get out of his Game 1 funk. They also need to be able to stop the Jets from running, putting the ball in Geno's hands. He is still making mistakes but is getting better.

Both teams played sloppy in their first games. It just so happens that Green Bay did it against the defending SB champs while the Jets did it against the woeful Raiders.

• 1 month later...

A big game for the Packers. They need to keep pace with the Lions if they want to have a chance at winning the division, which is likely their only chance for making the playoffs.

Luckily the Bears re-signed Cutler in the offseason, so there is a great chance the Packers will win this one with a couple of trademark "same old Jay" interceptions.

• 2 weeks later...

They are hitting there stride the D is looking good finally. The 49ers and the Seahawks both of rough schedules both might miss the playoffs which would be awesome for the Pack

Pack have to be the favorite to come out of the NFC right now. Cards are well coached, but I dont think they have the QB to go all the way.

Arizona has the type of defense to go all the way but you're right, not the QB. There is still enough time for Stanton to become Trent Dilfer-enough to be effective.

The switch of Clay Matthews to ILB has helped tremendously, but not just because of what he can do but it keeps Matthews, Julius Peppers, and now Nick Perry all on the field at the same time. Those three are playing great, and so surprisingly is LeTroy Guion. He started off slow, and a freak good game against the Vikings, but has slowly increased his worth. He played a really good game against the Eagles and has already set personal records for tackles in a season and sacks.

The Packers are red hot right now and the Patriots (after the Vikings) will give them a true measure of aptitude.

The Packers are legitimately one of the top teams in the league right now. I'm not blind to the possibility that we may have lost had the game been played in Foxborough, but it wasn't and the game was won. The defense has gotten better and better while the offense has gotten more diverse and more difficult to contain. I'll still plan on one more loss (on the road at the Bills if there is one) but this team could conceivably run the table and have home field advantage through the playoffs.

Fun football to watch

Aaron Rodgers Calls Out ‘one-who-thinks-I-am-silly Trolls’ Who Read Into His Grape Crush Choice

lol, I guess you can't type I-D-I-O-T on this site so I guess we will have to go with "one who thinks I'm silly" crazy

• 3 weeks later...

The Pack is locked into the playoffs again. They aren't looking as sharp as mid-season but now is the time to snap back to life. They flexed the Packers-Lions game to 3:25pm which is great. I'm looking forward to playing the Seahawks. I think that we have something to show even in Seattle.