• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings 2014

SkunkedAgain

I have found out over the last few years that reading the "Vikings threads" from newest to oldest makes way more sense!!!! Go Pack

Being of the Fudge Packer variety, I'm surprised you can read?

You mean looking at the pictures?!

whistleshockedlaugh

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleFloyd

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

• RumRiverRat

Also, having Ponder on this team right now is a huge mistake by Spielman. We should have some young kid with potential as our #3. Ponder will not make the 53 man roster and should not be allowed to take any more snaps for the Vikes going forward.

I can't believe they don't have a young guy taking Ponders snaps right now...

He might be gambling for an established QB to get injured and then reap the benefits of a trade for Ponder. He'd be a decent replacement or backup and the Vikes had enough needs on defense that they didn't need to draft two QBs in the draft.

• 3 weeks later...

53 man roster is set...we know Cassel is the starter.

Offensive starters are basically the same as last year...we at least scored points last year. Finished in the middle of the pack last year offensively (in the NFL), with what most would consider a terrible OC and predictable plan. Enter Norv...

Defense is where the improvements needed to be made...the jury is still out on this one. Early indications say we'll be better but I'll wait to go any further until I see them play a few "real" games. Most think the D will be much improved over what we had to watch the last few years...we'll see.

I see 8-8 with meaningfull games late in the year...don't think they make the play-offs this year though. Wouldn't be shocked to see them go 9-7 and squeek a wild-card out either.

Hopefully am underestimating them but have a hard time seeing them get to .500. Think they will be improved but going thru schedule week by week they would not be favored in too many games.

Yeah they are going to have a tough schedule out of the gates. Thankfully some of the toughest teams will be home games but even at that they likely won't be favored. It would be fun to see a big turn around but that would require 180 by the defense and that will be tough regardless of how great zimmer is.

I'd be "happy" to see the team go 7-9 or better. QB position is still questionable. I think we need another good corner and IMO we are still a bit weak at the LB position.

It's hard to look at the opening schedule and have optimism, but history shows that good teams go bad and vice versa quite quickly. I like Zimmer, Turner, and think that they can quickly change the team attitude quickly. If that's the case, and they can pull out one or two surprise wins early in the schedule, it's not hard to see the Vikings pushing a playoff record. I don't see the QB situation as questionable at all. For once, there is an established veteran at the helm. Cassell can win games, he's just not elite. Fortunately Norv Turner is REALLY good with quarterbacks so that should help even more.

I'm an optimistic non Vikings fan.

All the Vikings need to do is finish off games. Also, keep everybody healthy because they don't have much depth especially in the defensive back field. Run Adrian out of the backfield more as another thing for the opposing defenses to worry about going forward.

I'm shooting high and saying 9-7 for the year. Last year they lost 3-4 games in the last couple of minutes with a shoddy Defense. I'm hoping to see that shored up this year.

My opinion hasn't changed, I think coming down to the end of the year we will be fighting for a Wildcard.

Our Defense will automatically be better by not lining up in the same formation and doing the same Cover 2 over and over as QB's laugh at us and pick it apart to win games at the end.

With good play calling our Offense will be pretty good, we have the pieces and I'm sure Norv is an upgrade. As always we lack a true #1 WR, although Patterson and Jennings can get the job done, Rudolph should be much improved in this TE heavy system and of course #28. Can't wait to see what he can do in some spread formations instead of Big Formation run left/run right plays all game.

I think we are gonna be turning some heads this season, punching people in the mouth on defense and putting up some nice points on offense.

I think the Rams will be a win for the Vikings. I think this team is slightly better then they are getting credit for. I think they will be a .500 team, with giving the fans hope for a wild card this year.

After several weeks of intensely breaking down the schedule I am hard pressed to find 3 wins on the schedule for the Vikings.

After several weeks of intensely breaking down the schedule I am hard pressed to find 3 wins on the schedule for the Vikings.

Must be blind at best!!

I'm convinced RRR is the evil twin of LMIT. He only comments when he knows it will get a rise out of people.

Before you all pass out from drinking to much purple kool aid.

The Rams are a mediocre team, that had a mediocre Backup playing QB.

This win means nothing.

Enjoy the win, might be the only one of the season.

Rum, I have a serious question.

Are you a football fan?

What team do you cheer for?

Calling me a fan would be a stretch.

I root for no team.

Being emotionally invested in a team composed of millionaires and owned by billionaires is a waste of time.

99% of people involved in the NFL do not give two shats about the fans.

Yet the lie to our faces and talk about how they love their fans.

It is all very disingenuous.

The NFL is a haven for Abusers of Women, Animals, Alcohol and Drugs.

Athletes are not role models.

Rat; if pro football is so bad, why the heck don't you take a hike and let those of us who enjoy it talk about it?

Great start Vikes, congrats to Zim on his first NFL start/win !

To RRR:

No offense, but why do you even bother looking at schedules, commenting on teams, or having any vested interest in football at all if you feel that way???

On a game note...it was a decent win, but against a very depleted Rams offense. A Rams team that lacked discipline (how many penalties?) and a team that was way overrated coming into the season. Still though, 34-6 is how you should beat teams of this caliber. Good to have the win, but we'll find out very soon what this team is made of and capable of.

Go to the packers page, he's ripping those guys too, he gets off on getting others irritated.

Good job vikes- now let's see what next week brings!!

Pats looked weak up front on both sides of the ball. The Dolphins are actually a fairly similar team to the Vikings, we should learn quite a bit from the tape on how to play the Pats. I do expect Brady to be sharper next week though, and certainly a lot better than what the Rams had today.

In the past New England has had bad games and came back the next week and were dominant so I am not expecting them to look the same next week, but at some point the wheels will come off their team. If that is the case there is no better week for that to happen than next week.

I'm convinced RRR is the evil twin of LMIT. He only comments when he knows it will get a rise out of people.

Their posts are actually pretty funny IMO. If you don't believe me read them using your best Carl Gerbschimidt voice!

The Pats run is over. Brady is old and lazy living in that castle of his. Vikings should be 2-0 after this weekend.

That's funny because I do the same when reading the kool-aid chugger posts here but do it as Mike Wobschall. Sometimes when there are two rubes stepping all over themselves trying to out-agree with the other I'll throw Paul Allen's voice in.

I swear that on Friday Wobschall had an orgasm on the air when talking about Adrian Peterson. Pathetic.