• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild Offseason

archerystud

Dallas just traded for Spezza, Central is going to tough next year. Total bloodbath in the West.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• Bear55

• 10,000 Casts

• OnAFly

They gave up a 19, 22 and 23 yr old prospect and a 2nd rd pick for him. And they pick up a $7m cap hit that scored 23 goals and was -26 last year. Makes a Vanek deal sound pretty good to me.

Russo said the wild won't make an offer to Niskanen, sounds like he wants 7 years and we don't want to commit to that.

Finally found a use for Twitter, don't actually have an account but keeping an eye on Russo and McKenzie.

Thats insane what Dallas did. Makes you wonder what some others are going to command. Could get interesting.

If Vanek whats a ginormous deal, just pass and wait it out. Dont go after some second tier guy either. Wait til the trade deadline and figure something out.

Not sure how the "qualifying" offers things work out with RFAs. Does this mean they can also get offers from other teams even though the Wild offered them? I wasnt clear on how that worked.

Was kind of hoping we would hear Vanek news right away, guess we will have to wait and see.

Goodbye Dany Heatley and HELLO Thomas Vanek! It's a good day to be a Wild fan!!!

Let's get iginla for a 1 yr deal and find a big right handed dman! Let's play!!!!

Buffalo was $8m below the cap threshold. Maybe they sign Heatley to fill some space.

Quote:
Iginla gets $5.5M, $5.5M and $5M in each of three years with COL.

Iginla to Colorado... Darn!

Perfect place for him, let all those young kids do all the work and you just stand around and snipe em home!

We Get Vanek

Blues add Stastny

Dallas trades for Spezza

Iggy to Colorado

& Ducks get Kesler

This is just ridiculous.

MN was the perfect place for him and I'm curious what we offered? Can't blame a 37 year old for taking a 3 year deal with a team like Colorado.

Looks like the west will be scary good again next year.

Bummed about iginla. Would have liked to see him on a one or two year deal.

I'm satisfied with the vanek number and duration. Our power play got an instant boost.

I do like the sound of: (maybe swap koivu with granlund though)

Parise , koivu, coyle

Vanek, granlund, pomminville

Fontaine, Haula, nino

That's a little more than I was hoping for, but if Vanek puts up 25-30 and we can sign our young guys, I'm happy!

Is it october yet?