• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

River conditions ( Clarity, Current, Water level)

We're thinking of heading up to fish walleye between Vidas and Birchdale for the opener and I would really appreciate any information about the Rainy . I've heard it has been muddy and a strong current, but not much recently has been mentioned. I know the water temperature is around 42. Thanks for any info!

I'm not sure on any of the current conditions, but I heard from the owner at river bend and it's always murky. You can call up to the royal Dutchman and they would be glad to give you an update on the conditions.

In the river, there is a difference between normal and dirty. The water is naturally a dark, stained color as it comes from the iron range and the redish/brown tint is because of the amount of iron in the water. When it is a light brown/dirty color because of run off, that is different than the norm. The river is never clear blue.

That's correct, I like the dark stained color! I just looked at the graph for the river discharge and it's going higher so I'm assuming that it's also staying muddy or getting muddier.