Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jk69

Anchor question

jk69

I am heading up fir the first time and wondering what is the best anchor to use that will keep you still? Thanks for any suggestions

holmsvc

I have a Panther WaterSpike and it holds my boat just fine.

Ballyhoo

Any kind of of a fluke style anchor that digs into the bottom. I also have a waterspike and it works good. The Richtor anchor is also good. You want one that you can pull backwards on to get it out of the bottom. A small section of chain on the anchor helps and also at least 100' of rope. Rule of thumb on rope length is 3:1. You typically don't need all of that but I have seen instances where it was needed depending on wind or current.

Sorgy

the best way to hold a 17 footer is with 2 28 lb navy anchors off the bow(1 tied to each cleat up front. In the wind those of us running 2 large anchors were holding in Sunday mornings wind. We could not hold it with 1 28 lb anchor and lots of line.

agkimm

two anchors is pretty serious! thanks for the info.

Meat-Run

Umm we struggled w two anchors so make sure to bring an extra and highly recommend 100' rope.

MR

DTro

two anchors is pretty serious!

well no, in rivers not really. smile

vman11

I have a Panther WaterSpike and it holds my boat just fine.

I agree with this. I can't justify 56 lbs of anchors in my boat when I can throw a 10 lb water spike anchor with chain over the side.

Holds a Lund Fisherman 1700 with 125 Merc & kicker in all currents and wind.

http://boatanchortypes.com/water-spike-anchors-system/

volksdriver

quote=vman11]

I agree with this. I can't justify 56 lbs of anchors in my boat when I can throw a 10 lb water spike anchor with chain over the side.

Holds a Lund Fisherman 1700 with 125 Merc & kicker in all currents and wind.

http://boatanchortypes.com/water-spike-anchors-system/

Northlander

After doing the Rainy River for many many years in all kinds of crazy weather the best anchor I used up there was a Digger Anchor with a richtor being a close second. The Richtor has 6' of coated chain on it. Both are easy to get back in the boat. there are just some times a anchor has to have some weight to hold you right where you want so I get the heaviest I can. I need the work out anyways. wink

Sackett

I've got a 40lb claw that I've attached about 20lbs of chain. Not messing around when using this, I could hold during The Perfect Storm.

Surface Tension

I saw a lot of boats break loose Sunday with the wind.

Used water spikes in the past and they've held pretty good.

Last weekend we used a 30 lb river anchor w/ 8' of heavy chain. It never failed us even with a drift sock off the leeward gunnel.

I wasn't fun to pull up though smile