Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
chunkytrout

Remote Control

Question

chunkytrout

I know there outfits available for lots of $. Has anyone home built their own remote control for a kicker motor? What about throttle control?

chunk

6 answers to this question

RK

Hiya,
Don't know very mcuh about steering systems, other than the TR-1 seems to be the one to get, but as far as throttle controls, check out the Troll Master - it's a slick deal. A rheostat-type dial on a cable connects to your throttle cable, and you just turn a dial to adjust the speed. On some models you also can just hit a button to go to idle or either 3/4 or full throttle (I forget which it is).

Thorne Brothers carries them. They're pretty cool.

Cheers,
RK

chunkytrout

Hey Val,
No particular brand. I just knew they existed (but out of my pocket book) so wondering if guys ever built their own. Maybe they're cheaper than I thought? I built my own steering arm. Pretty cheap at first but I came up with a way better design this year. Bushings and machining cost more though.

chunk

"poverty, the mother of my inventions"

Valv

I am asking which brand since I have several broken or missing parts remote controls, I'll be glad to sell them for very few bucks (we are talking $ 5 or so).
If you can come and look, it might be helpful.

------------------
Val Vignati

www.kvesurplus.com
sales@kvesurplus.com

bwtrout

hey chunkers we should road trip to val's.

chunkytrout

Not a bad idea! Thanks for the invite Val, might just cruise down that way!

chunk