• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If the Gophers win on Sat

BuckSutherland

I hope they (the cops) go into Dinkytown with rubber bullets, bean bags, tear gas, and flash grenades and teach these brats a lesson.

Thats enough of this carp. Every time a team wins a title the fans think they get a pass to destroy the town. If they want to riot again I hope some people seriously get messed up by the cops to try and teach them a lesson.

Cant wait to see the news the next two nights to see how they are planning for the impending doom.

I can get on board with that. I think most of the time these stupid riots aren't by true fans of the team or sport but by those who are of little use to society in general.

why wait until the championship to riot? This was last night.

full-20574-44441-bb_riotcopy.jpg

If they want to riot again I hope some people seriously get messed up by the cops to try and teach them a lesson.

Young folks + alcohol more than anything else.

True that but it takes a special kind of stupid to go full riot, plenty of us are guilty of being young dumb and drunk.

True that but it takes a special kind of stupid to go full riot, plenty of us are guilty of being young dumb and drunk.

I think for every 1 person standing on a cop car there are about 100 drunk people just hanging around dinkytown to watch it happen. Not that tear gas discriminates in a crowd.

Not that tear gas discriminates in a crowd.

A small price to pay for live entertainment??? Like I said, a special kind of stupid.

If I was 21 years old and within walking distance of a huge street party where people are flipping over cop cars... Yeah, I'd totally be there to see that happen even if there was a fair chance I'd get tear gassed.

The key word is "kids" here. Anytime you get that many teenagers/early 20's together there is going to be problems. I was at the 1991 World Series game 7 at the Humpty Dome. When the game was over the party rolled out to the streets. There was no flipping cop cars, fires, or tear gas. The worst I saw was a couple cops yelling at people for climbing street signs and light poles. That's the difference between adults and kids.

I would be interested to see how many of the trouble makers were actually U students. The Dinkytown area is a draw for the younger crowd and not exclusive to U students.

I'll agree with that. It's just seems more prevalent in college sports.

I remember the Detroit riots when the Pistons won the NBA title. It just seems like you hear more about college campuses going bonkers after a big win.

I would be interested to see how many of the trouble makers were actually U students. The Dinkytown area is a draw for the younger crowd and not exclusive to U students.

I bet most of them are U students. I'd bet at any given time 90% of the people there are U students or U employees.

If I was 21 years old and within walking distance of a huge street party where people are flipping over cop cars... Yeah, I'd totally be there to see that happen even if there was a fair chance I'd get tear gassed.

I agree. Been there, done that. The key is a good position to make a quick get away.

I witnessed a riot in college and sat around waiting to see what was going to happen. When the sheet hit the fan, I was down an ally and to a friend's house in no time. I had a couple of friends end up in the paddy wagon, but all charges were dropped.

That was 15 years ago. Today, I'd probably just watch it on a webcam. I saw a couple of people eat pavement/take a pepper spray shower courtesy of law enforcement. I wanted no part of that.

Ah to be young and stupid again. Chanting F the Police, trying to flip a cop car, and then dancing on top when you failed to flip it.

Most of these kids just have a fear of missing out. About 5-10 bad eggs and a bunch of followers. On the other hand the Policeman have a job to do. And its not without risk. I hope the kids decide to have fun in their houses, frat parties, and bars instead of filling the streets. All about the joy really. I bet I hugged or high fived 30 total strangers in 2011.

Just like when I went to the U and we played Michigan. We were undefeated and up big going into the fourth quarter. I think Minneapolis had 600 cops on duty that night in case we won. We didnt. Anyone know a realtor in Green Bay???full-40170-44484-gophers.gif

Lots of live coverage in Dinkytown and not much happening. The local news channels seem to be hoping something goes haywire.

Yeah, watched for a few minutes, and the news coverage was pretty lame.

Here is a few mugs from the night though....looks like some of the boys in blue got to scrape a few faces....love the pic of the kid still smiling and the chick with the dreads...lol

full-27018-44512-screenshot2014_04_13at1

full-27018-44513-screenshot2014_04_13at1

Looking at those photos for some reason makes me think of the movie Animal House. Which one is Bluto? (Top left gets my vote).

7 titles. 0 riots. Our players may be implicated in mischievous activities, but our fans are outstanding citizens. Your fans rioted over the game to get to the game, now that is sad.

I am quite confident that these model citizens probably didn't even know a hockey game was being played. I certainly wouldn't call them fans.

Its a numbers game, Twin Cities has more people than GF so there are many more fools running around.

Latest story has the riot on Thursday resulting from the belief that the last second win resulted in a championship.

Someone on KFAN called the orange jumpsuits gopheralls.

Latest story has the riot on Thursday resulting from the belief that the last second win resulted in a championship.

LOL. Wouldn't doubt if a number of the people there thought so.

I like this idea of "true fans" wouldn't do this or that. What does that even mean? I think you guys link an out of control college kid street party with the hockey game too much. The only real link is the win started the party.

People don't dance on cop cars because their college team won a hockey game, they dance on top of cop cars because they've been provided with an opportunity to dance on the top of cop cars, they're drunk, and somebody else is already on top of the car.

Our players may be implicated in mischievous activities, but our fans are outstanding citizens. Your fans rioted over the game to get to the game, now that is sad.

Can't argue with you on your second point.

The first point made me laugh out loud though. Agree that a riot in Grand Forks does not sound too likely. Fans at the game though. Lets see...Gotta dig up that S.Savre post about the Sioux fans in the belly of the X Drunk Tank. I've been to enough Final Fives to see plenty O' Misbehaving Sioux fans (along with most other schools, Duluth included).

And I couldn't help but remember my pre-game argument with a combative 6 year old at the Frozen Four in 2011. Start em' young! Maybe some day he makes Papa proud, like this guy who sports the Double Haks...

full-5554-44568-north_dakota_fan.jpg

Can't argue with you on your second point.

The first point made me laugh out loud though. Agree that a riot in Grand Forks does not sound too likely. Fans at the game though. Lets see...Gotta dig up that S.Savre post about the Sioux fans in the belly of the X Drunk Tank. I've been to enough Final Fives to see plenty O' Misbehaving Sioux fans (along with most other schools, Duluth included).

And I couldn't help but remember my pre-game argument with a combative 6 year old at the Frozen Four in 2011. Start em' young! Maybe some day he makes Papa proud, like this guy who sports the Double Haks...

Don't forget that your bulldog coach bleeds green! You're welcome. grin