• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bad/Creepy experiences at accesses?

I had one this past summer at the access on middle cormorant. Was loading up my boat and pulled it out of the water then was draining the water and strapped down the boat.

All of the sudden someone stepped out of the shadows asking me how the fishing was and it about gave me a heart attack. I jumped into a defense mode right away I think I probably scared the guy half to death then. basically my conversation was the fishing was slow and I got into my truck and drove away. Freaked me out bad i never seen him at all. must of been walking down the road and seen me comming into the access. it was just weird how he waited all the way to the end to say something or didnt come out to the dock or anything. Might of thought I was over my limit or just spying on me for whatever reason but it freaked me out and since then i always use my CC permit now.

Other one was on little pine and I accessed through Paul Miller park. Thickest fog I have seen in a long time and the docks arent really lighted up at all or where my truck was parked. I was by myself again of course and the only vehicle at that access. Just a creepy uneasy feeling in the pitch dark with fog and no noise around you. I really didnt like that lol

So have you had any weird or bad incidents at public accesses?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

From time to time I will meet some older local guys that mite just be bored and out for a walk to get away from the wife for a while hanging around the launch and just looking for people to talk to. I even had one old guy tell me that he just had to get out of the house for a while because he couldn't take looking at that old womans face much more! Kind of sad really. Yes it can be freaky at times. eek

I was at a small lake somewhere north of Grand Rapids once and came back to discover that someone had siphoned my gas tank. I was the only one parked there and the ramp was in a secluded bay where you couldn't see it from the main part of the lake. I was worried I wouldn't make it back to civilization, but I did.

From time to time I will meet some older local guys that mite just be bored and out for a walk to get away from the wife for a while hanging around the launch and just looking for people to talk to. I even had one old guy tell me that he just had to get out of the house for a while because he couldn't take looking at that old womans face much more! Kind of sad really. Yes it can be freaky at times. eek

I just had no idea he was even watching me. He had to of been doing it for a while. I am never in a big rush to get all my rods and stuff packed away before my boat was out of the water.

I was at a small lake somewhere north of Grand Rapids once and came back to discover that someone had siphoned my gas tank. I was the only one parked there and the ramp was in a secluded bay where you couldn't see it from the main part of the lake. I was worried I wouldn't make it back to civilization, but I did.

Thats a bad deal. I had a friend at work tell me he was trying to get a lake in hurry one after and passed a hitch hiker on the road and never picked him up. Said he felt pretty bad for the guy because it was so hot. later that night when he was loading up his boat he noticed the hitch hikers bandanna hanging off his driver side mirror. He was pretty nervous after that and I could understand why.

I drove to the access one day and noticed a guy messing around with his tackle box on the tailgate of his truck. I launched my boat, put my truck away and as I was walking back to the dock, he asked me "You fishing alone today?"

I said "Yes." He asked if he could come with. I agreed. Turned out he was an oil worker who couldn't afford to live in the western part of the state during his time off so he was looking for an outing.

We had a nice several hours fishing and then went our separate ways.

Could have been creepy, but wasn't!

not from your area but the bandanna one sent shivers down my spine. a few years ago i was on a lake not a very busy one. i'm hard of hearing i was sitting on the dock fishing. when i heard the dock vibrate i look around and 2 gals were trying to put there boat in the water. drove on the dock and just about tipped there boat. i had no choice but to jump. the trailer was no more than a few feet away couldn't believe it scared the heck out of me. never a sorry or nothing then one of them started getting ugly with me. i walked to my car soaking wet she followed me all the way to my car yelling and etc. i believe they were drunk but i got out of there.

not from your area but the bandanna one sent shivers down my spine. a few years ago i was on a lake not a very busy one. i'm hard of hearing i was sitting on the dock fishing. when i heard the dock vibrate i look around and 2 gals were trying to put there boat in the water. drove on the dock and just about tipped there boat. i had no choice but to jump. the trailer was no more than a few feet away couldn't believe it scared the heck out of me. never a sorry or nothing then one of them started getting ugly with me. i walked to my car soaking wet she followed me all the way to my car yelling and etc. i believe they were drunk but i got out of there.

I would have had to think that one over for about a week on what just happened lol. Thats pretty crazy stuff.

I drove to the access one day and noticed a guy messing around with his tackle box on the tailgate of his truck. I launched my boat, put my truck away and as I was walking back to the dock, he asked me "You fishing alone today?"

I said "Yes." He asked if he could come with. I agreed. Turned out he was an oil worker who couldn't afford to live in the western part of the state during his time off so he was looking for an outing.

We had a nice several hours fishing and then went our separate ways.

Could have been creepy, but wasn't!

Glad that worked out for you. You know the oil field is good and bad. You can go make a killing if you want to do that type of work. But all the local people who have been there for years really get shafted bad on how it drives up the prices of everything.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Last spring I did find a car parked right in the middle of the boat launch turn circle with the door open and a guy passed out drunk as a snunk in it. My wife helps me launch the boat so she can drive the suv back around the lake and I really had a hard time leaving her to pull the trailer out when I was in the boat leaving the launch! I did check on the guy who was maybe in his 30's to make sure he didn't have a heart attack or something. He just mummble and rolled over a bit! shocked

We were in canada fishing on spring and we were in the process of launching the boat. A drunk fellow of native descent staggers up to us and starts asking for money. My grandfather, being the small town sheltered kind hearted man he is says that he will pay the guy 10 dollars if he can point us in the direction of where the big fish where hanging out. The guy mumbles that he has to think about it first and takes a few steps away from us. Then he drops his pants to his ankles just like a little kid, takes a wizz and starts walking back to us, pants still at his ankles. He then tells us about a specific landmark we need to find so my grandfather gives the guy 10 dollars. Hard to take a guy seriously when he is drunk and he is waddling back toward you with his pants at his ankles, but we found the landmark and started catching fish immediately and a lot of them. We still laugh about it today.