Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schmoe147

logging Companies

7 posts in this topic

This probably isn't the place but I'm not sure where else to look. I'm wondering who are some dependable logging contractors in the area. Looking for a company that cleans up after they are done logging. I have around 10 acres that looking to get logged. Thanks

I'd check with Two Inlets Mill and if they can't do it, they would point you in the right direction. There's another guy not very far west of Dorsett on 18 - I think it's across the road from Deer Lake.

Dick Walsh or Kimball Logging

schmoe, I will have to ask my uncle but we had some guys come log our property and they did a very good job cleaning up and piling the brush up where we wanted it. Where is your property at?

Near Itasca state park

10 acres is a pretty small job for a logger to move equipment into. I'd be prepared for getting little to no money off the job unless it's high quality saw logs or has a decent amount of wood on it. If you want a clean site then don't use a logger that limbs in the woods. If they limb at the landing you will have a pile that they may chip or can be burned in the winter. Kimballs and Dick Walsh are the bigger operations but many smaller guys like Manners, Dukek, and many others I can't seem to remember. I can only vouch for Manners - they leave a clean site. I've done some firewood cleanup on county land with a county permit and was the company that did those sites was sloppy. I know who it was but won't bad mouth a business without knowing the circumstances. I got about 8 cords of wood from the skids laying on the ground that were never pulled to the landing!

Well only now are we getting it logged, hopefully we choose the right loggers. Do you know who your loggers where ? Thanks 

On 3/4/2014 at 7:21 PM, stretch said:

schmoe, I will have to ask my uncle but we had some guys come log our property and they did a very good job cleaning up and piling the brush up where we wanted it. Where is your property at?