• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat Wax!! What do you use?

smartguy

Question

My Pleasure Boat is in dire need of a good wax job. We have used several waxes in the past, but none seem to be really durable. Just wondering what you guys use? We've tried at lease three brands, and even the 3M brand let us down. Suggestions?

2 answers to this question

buy what do you mean durable ? i wax mine about three times a year. ( ranger fisherman) it gets wiped down after every use and stored inside. for an older boat. a friend of mine that builds boats told me to use a wax that contains carnubba . he said it is better for the older fiber glass. i've used kit paste wax with carnubba for years and am happy with it. del

Can you use Mother's or Meguiar's waxes on boats? Its absolutely amazing on my pickup. I prefer the Meguiars's line. Seams to me like a wax is wax, most Meguiars's waxes are carnauba wax.

They might have something specifically for fiberglass. Maybe we need to be talking with some old Corvette owners to find out what they use??