• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading to Cabin for Christmas

leechlake

We're leaving this afternoon to the cabin for Christmas. Besides fishing and hunting openers it's my favorite time of the year there. We cut down a Charlie Brown like tree, decorate it with whatever we come up with including a star cut from cardboard and wrapped with foil.

The kids go sledding, read books, fish a bit and we play games. It's almost like Little House on the Prairie. Very little electronics while we're there. It's a magical time of the year.

A few more issues than normal. Had an issue with the heat and a pipe was frozen in the basement on arrival. Luckily I was up a few days before the family and had it fixed by the time they got their. I learned I can wash my hands with 1.5oz of water and that going number 1 outside at night when it's -20 degrees is refreshing.

Lost a bolt on atv battery when trying to hook up battery tender, very rare bolt to find over a holiday. Nephews helped push atv on trailer so I could bring it home.

Snowmobile belt issue. Once again nephew to the rescue...

Won some money at pull tabs to offset plumber cost. Spent great time with family. Thinking about selling all gas powered equipment and only using snow shoes, canoes, and hand augers. Shot a Christmas grouse on the 25th!!!