• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

aluminum welder

waterwolff

Question

Can anyone recommend someone to weld aluminum I broke part of my cavetation plate off the lower unit today after striking a log.
Thanks Mike

19 answers to this question

Irvingdog,
Do you know where I can get Alumaloy? I've seen it on the infomercial but have not seen it in stores.

joshmeyer, Would you be able to weld a fishhouse frame 8x12??? I can cut and fit all the pieces of alumimum but need someone to weld it.

Guys check out Jay Soderbloom in Cromwell. He does it all. www.soderbloom.com He also make some super nice icehouses. The Quickset and some smooth 1 and 2 man portables. I love mine.

yes I can weld your fish house frame. If you don't already have the aluminum I can get some and cut it out for you too. Where are you from?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

A prop repair shop is you best bet.

south of willmar about 1/2 an hour.And have access to a shop with everything you need.
e-mail me @ [email protected]

thanks

[This message has been edited by joshmeyer (edited 03-01-2004).]

not trying to jump into Joshmeyers action, but I weld aluminum all the time also. Anyone else need some welded up, drop me a line.

Wilmar is probably a bit far for me, but I'm sure I can probably send some customers your way from time to time. What I'm looking for is someone near our shop to sublet work to ocasionally.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com

you can Also Contact Empire Sports In Clearwater . He Had Some Slide Rails for my sleds welded up this winter .

Well just to let you all know I had Bob Weinzierl in Shakopee weld the cavitation plate back on and you cant even tell it was ever damaged he did an excellent job at a resonable price I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Thanks Mike.