Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

MJ1657

Spearfishing - Where is everyone?

555 posts in this topic

I belong to a truckers site where we post where we are and random thoughts and topics. Thought we could try that here and see what happens. If you don't want to post your lake that's understandable. Just let everyone know what you're seeing and any fun stuff that's going on.

I'm sitting on Fish lake. Had a carp that was about 20 pounds come through. No pike though so far.

I'm on the couch and wishin" I was fishin!

Yesterday we were in the brainerd area. Saw seven pike, all decent, one was probably mid 30's. Lots of tiny perch and a few tullibees.

The water was real clear, and the fish were kind of skittish. Tried getting some video but they didn't stick around long enough.

I must have bumped the sights on my spear, because I missed a nice little eater. :-) We did get video of that, but I don't know if I want to post it.:-)

My wife caught one of the tullibees and wanted her picture taken since it was her first. As I was getting my phone out, she say's oooohhh it stinks, throw it back. I thought she was going to throw up! LOL!

Funny stuff Sham. Those tulibees do stink but they sure taste good smoked. I was catching them on Mille Lacs a couple years ago and they turned the hole milky colored from all the oil.

By the way your white fish decoy brought in the winner at the gtg.

By the way your white fish decoy brought in the winner at the gtg.

That's what I heard. Cool!

The little red and white I got from you brought in all my fish.

laid up today with the flu!!!

laid up today with the flu!!!

Lucky you!

I had a fun day even though the pike didn't cooperate. Me, Joe, Mollie, Archery, Merk, and Fred spent the day to on the ice.

There were a few wrestling matches and some pike football played. Good times.

had to do some welding on a friend trailer and wheeler then went out to one of the Stanchfield area lakes and saw seven small pike. One of them were no bigger than the decoy and by the time I got the camera ready it was gone.

Spent the day working on a fish house. Should be more cozy than the hub and much easier to set up. It took a little more effort than I would have liked but its done now. Cant wait to get it on the water.

Did stop at the bait shop in St Francis. Anyone looking for a Decoy Sucker they have some nice big ones in there. I grabbed one of the smaller ones thinking I might get out today, no such luck. frown I think you could have filleted a couple of the ones in the tank.

This has become a new source of entertainment though... The kids cat cant seem to figure out what to do next. Its one of the greatest things I have ever come up with. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of it sooner. grin

image-58.jpg

Slush was so bad on my lake here in Brainerd that I pulled my house off Friday. In the process pulling it through the slush and ice chunks my house got all busted up. I might be done for the season or until I can drive out with truck...grrrrrr.

MR

Painting 14 decoys this morning then chasing deer with the smoke pole this after noon, thinking of going spearing tomorrow morning!!

Slush was so bad on my lake here in Brainerd that I pulled my house off Friday. In the process pulling it through the slush and ice chunks my house got all busted up. I might be done for the season or until I can drive out with truck...grrrrrr.

MR

I wanna come up that way to spear ,but by the sounds of it. it doesn't sound like its at all easy to get around. How much snow on the ice? I have a cabin on loon lake and I am dying to try it for pike.

Gordie, if you head up this way, let me know.

Gordie, if you head up this way, let me know.

Will do, got a family Christmas this Sunday so its a possibility after that.

I have to head to No Dak for a couple days so it looks like I wont get back out until the weekend.

MJ--Im just west of Minot, with my house out on lake darling. If you have extra time or are going to be in the area and want to sit up there just let me know!

We sat on darling saturday and saw 13. 2 nice ones right around 8-9lbs. Speared one of those and a couple 5's.

Tried 2 different spots on lake sakakawea Sunday and only saw one 7lb that we speared. Really slow yesterday, kind of weird.

MJ--Im just west of Minot, with my house out on lake darling. If you have extra time or are going to be in the area and want to sit up there just let me know!

We sat on darling saturday and saw 13. 2 nice ones right around 8-9lbs. Speared one of those and a couple 5's.

Tried 2 different spots on lake sakakawea Sunday and only saw one 7lb that we speared. Really slow yesterday, kind of weird.

Thanks for the offer! I'm delivering in Garrison Wednesday morning and I have to turn and burn on this trip. I will definitely keep it in mind another time.

Gordie, I'm off all next week give me a call

Gordie, I'm off all next week give me a call

Will do, but I think I got jury duty and I'm not a happy camper mad

Went spearing once so far up north with family between first ice and snow storm. we did pretty well although I personally didn't see one. I won't be able to go spearing for awhile.

Will do, but I think I got jury duty and I'm not a happy camper mad

Call in sick whistle

Got jury duty myself in mid-January. Right in the middle of spearing season.

Got jury duty myself in mid-January. Right in the middle of spearing season.
so...what BNS do now????? whistlewhistle

Call in sick whistle

I think the dr. is going to do that for me. grin