• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

Hi-Jacked other forums, starting this one.

The Tebow comparison is pretty spot on. Tebow looked pretty good in Gainesville but couldnt transition to the big time. He ran like Manziel and had good stats, yet his game was tailored for college ball. An NFL defense moves at 3xs the speed of a college team. He will fail because of attitude. He is no Drew Brees, he is no Mike Vick.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• DrJuice1980

• CaptainMusky

• LMITOUT

Sorry but the tebow comparison doesn't even work...Manziel has a better throwing motion and is a more accurate passer than Timmy T ever was. I am not saying Manziel will tear up the league but I wouldn't say he is going to completely fail in the NFl especially with the way the league is currently

Both have a pretty good supporting cast, to say Manziel is way better is an out of control comment. Tebow rocked in college and wasn't a dbagger.

Maybe the Vikes need someone like Manziel to lead them? One of those QB with attitude, some one with the balls to say, "are you crazy? I am not kneeling the ball at half when we are losing by a touchdown"

and with our OL, we could use someone with pocket mobility.

I think Manziel and a hybrid Vick/Tebow is a good comparison. Although I see Tjack written all over his future.

Can anyone tell me how many of these QBs that run around like idiots with their heads chopped off have won the Superbowl?????????? As a percentage its dam near zero!!

Can anyone tell me how many QBs with almost no running ability, a good arm, and a few brains have won the Superbowl?? A lot!! Joe Flacco just did it last year. The pocket-passer is the way to the title.

Idiots like Vick, Vince Young, Tajh Boyd, RG3, Randle Cunningham, and throw in Manzel wont ever get it done.

Then take guys like Rothlisberger, Flacco, Dilfer, Eli and Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, have gotten it done regularly.

I think some of you guys should tune out of the worthless Gopher games and watch Johnny M. play once. To hear you guys talk it sounds like all he does is run. Seems funny how he is consistently in the top 10 for completion % and passer efficiency and he is only half way through his Sophomore year. Most QBs dont even play until they are a junior but you guys already have this guy's pro career measured out by half way through his sophomore year, LOL.

While this debate is very intrusting. You all hopefully realize that the vikings are not smart enough to finish in the right postion to have a chance of drafting him. Didn't think so.

Johnny Football is a much, much more accomplished passer than Tebow could ever dream of being.

His running skills are better as well, he's faster, more elusive, alot like Vick.

I've watched Manziel play quite a few times...He's more of a drop back passer than people realize. He runs when he has to and he's very good at it when he does...that doesn't make him a running QB.

The pro I would compare him to would be Russell Wilson. Manziel would be smart to follow in his footsteps and play four full years in college.

J

The pro I would compare him to would be Russell Wilson. Manziel would be smart to follow in his footsteps and play four full years in college.

NOT going to happen.... This guy is already being paid big $$$ for autographs. Not a chance he stays in school four years. My guess is he already has an agent and a list of teams he will not sign with if they draft him. And my next guess is the vikings are on that list

Boooo! This piece of trash needs to stay in Texas. The cowboys will be in need of a new qb soon. He's got gunslinger mentality I will give him that but everything else is pure punk!

Manziel is quite the gifted athlete but you guys are ready to hand him an NFL playbook and watch him start next year. You are going to be sorry. This guy is a product of college footballs best o-line. Manziel doesn't create the pocket, his line does. Its not hard to stay in it for the amount of time he does when it doesn't fold. The added time gives his WRs time to get open, the balls he throws are jump balls as well, very Rex Grossman like. He's tailor made for a college system, NFL defenses would eat him up and theres no way he would get away with putting that much air under the ball.

Tebow:

Career stats at Florida: 170 passer rating, 88 TDs, 57 rushing TDs

Avg: (3yr): TDs: 27, rushing Tds: 17

Manziel:

Almost all the same avg's, QBR: 163

To say he is MUCH, MUCH MORE ACCOMPLISHED is a complete farce.

Manziel is good, we all know this. NFL ready? No way.

Take a sec to think aboot it. Golden boy, Heisman as a freshman, all the hoopla and hype and look how old this kid is. If he allows himself to stay in college 4 years, grow up, man up, and knock off the off field stuff he has a shot at the NFL. If he can't keep himself out of the spotlight for his off field stuff he's going to have a tough time in the NFL.

I do not follow this guy very closely, but I am waiting for someone to discuss pro football quarterback attributes: reads, release and accuracy (the three things Ponder seems to lack.) The ability to make plays and throw on the run seems important if you have a weak O-line or weak receivers. But how does this college sophomore (with maturity of a 15 year old) score in these quarterback attributes at this age? If he has those skills now he will do fine in the NFL, if his emotional age ever catches his chronological age.

Tebow:

Manziel:

What's your beef with Johnny Football? Everyone knows he's a punk...

You can spew out all the stats you want...the eye test tells a different story.

The beef is the obvious one, hes a turd. But he is nooooooooo pro QB, not now anyways and he wont be around long to refine his skills. What eye test are you referring to? They are the same player, the only difference is Tebow threw more screens, Manziel has a better o-line. Both are blessed with great running skills. Both don't have the skills to make it in the next level. Too much air under Johnnys ball and a mechanical problem with Tebow.

Tebow should be a TE, Manziel is a CFL QB

Tebow:

Manziel:

LOL, the comparisons are laughable.

Tebow inherited the best team in college football when he stepped in at QB for Florida. IMO, Manziel makes A&M as good as they are, Florida made Tebow as good as he was.

You are also comparing stats of a college QB who was on one of the best teams in College football throughout his 3 year career with stats from a freshman and part of his sophomore year so far. LOL.

LOL, have you focused 100% of your attention on Johnny and missed how good his O-Line is??? Boy he sure has a lot of time to make a play happen, more time than Tebow had.

WOW!.....Bashing Manziel who is an immature sophomore than can play college football well enuff to win a high percentage of his games , is a bit premature....From what I've seen of him is that he is a play maker that rallies his players...What more can you ask for at this point?....Wait 3 or 4 more years to see if he is NFL worthy.

Manziel might be a punk off the field. Time will tell if will be a good NFL player or not. But the way he seems to have fun on the field, and the way his teammates respond to him on the field, reminds me of a young Brett Favre. Players gravitate to him for whatever reason and he always seems to have a trick up his sleeve when it's needed.

Right now most "experts" have him as a a 1st round pick - which could obviously change significantly in the coming months.

LOL, have you focused 100% of your attention on Johnny and missed how good his O-Line is??? Boy he sure has a lot of time to make a play happen, more time than Tebow had.

A QB with a quick release can make an O-Line a lot better than it really is. Just ask Christian Ponder.

The QB can also make an extra large pocket by blocking the D right? Manziel made Luke Joeckel a top pick? No way! Terrible comeback. Manziel also has Matthews, there is no real soft spot on that line.

Sorry to interfere with your Johnny Football man crush Big Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump...

For those that say "bring him in for a workout, I'll give you my opinion then." What a workout against air? What a chicken doodie excuse. I think you've seen enough to analyze his stock. If not I'll sum it up right here and save you some time:

Average arm strength, nothing special. Quick. Shifty. Breaks containment too much, not comfortable in the pocket. Gimmicky moves. Average at best accuracy, again nothing special. Selfish. Great college player with a lot of intangibles. Won't be able to handle the aggressiveness and speed of an NFL defense.

That knee is going to drive him down the boards. He's decent, definitely not worth a first round pick. LSU QBs are system guys and pretty much always have been. I seriously hop the Vikes pass on him too.