• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2013-2014 Gopher Hoops!

CodyDawg

They got two good looks at it at the end there but couldn't convert. Fouled could've been called, but that's one of those 50/50 end of game calls. These are the games they've gotta win though, especially at home.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• Huskie

• schmitty3

• Dotch

Top Posters In This Topic

You live by the 3 and you die by the 3. 1 for 9 from beyond the arc in the first half. I'm afraid the last two losses cancel out the two big wins over OSU and the the sconies. If Dre was playing we would have won them both. It sets up some must wins down the road.

Yep, that was ugly. No excuse to be playing from behind all game against Northwestern, regardless of if Dre plays or not.

Got to protect the home court.A lot close games now that we're 1/2 way through the conference season.A loose ball,turnover,a couple of free throws,1 big shot can be & often is the difference between a W or a L.

NIT with some luck. This team can look good in spurts but is really quite bad fundamentally when you watch closely.

Well.... at least they found a way to win against Indiana.... HAD to have that one to even stay in contention for the dance. Dre Hollins isn't even close to 100 percent yet, thats fairly obvious. That ankle looks like its going to be bothering him the rest of the year.

This team is going to have to win at either WIsconson or Ohio State to get in the tourney. They need to find a way to win a couple games on the road.

Let's see, they are 5-6 now, 8-10 puts them on/or below the bubble, 9-9 gets them in. Home games, Illinois and Penn State are W's, can they upset Iowa at Home? Away games, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio State appear to be L's, can they beat Northwestern on the road? It looks to me that 9-9 is the best they can do, not sure that they can get there however. I'm thinking they will take 7 teams from the B10.

WHat has happened to Eliason of late? He just doesnt seem to be the same player. I really like what Pitino is doing and it will result in a winner, but I think we are a few years away. Our talent level is just average at best. Tubby left the cupboard pretty empty.

Think about this....what would their record be with Tubby right now? 1-10 in the B1G?

Oh I don't know about that Cody, we have three returning starters and a couple off the bench, cupboard wasn't that bare. Why speculate about what Tubby would have done anyway, can't prove that either way. I was ready for a change too, but let's be fair about this. What would be interesting is, if we end up in the NIT, is to have a match up with Texas Tech, of course minus their number one fan!!

Somebody please tell me I misheard this. Clem Haskins was invited back for the celebration of a 25th anniversary of a tournament team. The program is an absolute dumpster fire if this is true.

They had a little luck on thier side tonight.A 5 second call & a foul in the last 34 seconds,up by 5.2 chances for Northwestern with no time going off the clock & they couldn't convert.

Yup. Was a game they had to have if they have any designs on getting to the NCAA's. Shut down Crawford, tighten the clamps on Cobb and get him in foul trouble in the second half then have Olah sprain his ankle. Works for me. grin

Shoulda followed the game plan I sent them. EggRoll was supposed to sprain his ankle this week. smile Lose to the B1G schlubs IL at home = NIT bound. frown

Ugly loss. Yuck. I didn't watch a minute, probably a good thing. The rule is only one MN team can win per day if we're lucky, per week more typically. The Wolves used up the daily win to beat Indiana.

Lately it seems like it's per week. The Gopher mens hockey team will have to win 2 next weekend to make up for BB team's dismal performance. smile Today's game made my wife puke. Of course the stomach flu might've had something to do with it. I know if I hear one more announcer express his man love for Aaron Craft, I'm gonna puke! sick

So I take it we are no longer worried about Pitino opting out on his contract next season? Wonder what his buyout will cost the taxpayers of the state? I honestly am all for giving him a few years to get his recruits in place but pretty much can predict what the outcome will be. How many Dakota schools in line to make the big dance this year?

They just don't have the talent to consistently compete with the good big 10 teams. Joey King and Otto Oseineks are both awful, and unfortunately one of them has to be starting due to the lack of depth at that position. Eliason has improved, but still is way too inconsistent offensively and defensively.

Then you add Austin Hollins regression this season and it's tough to win consistently.

I wonder what Malik's three point numbers have been in the last few games? Early in the season he was red hot. I sat behind the Gopher bench, 10-12 rows up for the Illinois game and noticed besides the physical limitation we have, we might have some heart and head problems as well. A few of the guys didn't react well to being benched after a mistake. Our confidence level has been shaken big time. Must win 2 of 3 and at least one in the tourney to avoid the NIT. Some pundits still have us an 11 or 12 seed, wow.

Austin Hollins is not very good. Way overrated. Its turnover after turnover every time down the floor. Dre Hollins should have waited 2-3 more games before coming back from his ankle injury. He's hobbling still and not himself. Walker had that one breakout game and now is scared to play defense. Eliason looks to play hard but is a little clumsy. Smith is in a shooting funk and no one shows any confidence. I want them to make the tourney, but I'd say its unlikely the way we've been playing. The big 10 is stacked and so hard to win.

How many Dakota schools in line to make the big dance this year?

Only 1 since they (ndsu, sdsu and usd) all play in the summit league. Winning the summit league tourney doesn't really compare to the big10.....nice try though.

Malik's shot is so bad right now. Dre gets fouled a lot on drives, but gets no calls due to flopping half the time. Austin needs to start driving and stop shooting threes.

Sioux are Big Sky. Exactly the attitude that affects the whole program. How'd that work out for the rodents playing these inferior schools in football? Big10 only to be a cupcake is not admirable.

Malik's shot is so bad right now. Dre gets fouled a lot on drives, but gets no calls due to flopping half the time. Austin needs to start driving and stop shooting threes.

Agree. We were talking the other day and it's like Austin Hollins has taken on the role of Rodney Williams. He shows up for a couple highlight reel dunks every now and again, an occasional 3, then nada other than some spotty defense and to turn the ball over. Maybe with good reason. Senioritis? To a degree. Where does one suppose Hollins will wind up next year? Europe maybe but unlikely to be an NBA draft pick. Has to be weighing on his mind as it would almost anyone at that point in their life. It's the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new and uncertain one, not unlike that for any of us who did our time at the U. Speaking of Rodney, where is he now since being cut by the 76ers? Hopefully not hanging out with Royce White. smile