• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Change is needed!!!

archerystud

Vikes need change or start to rebuild. The game is won in the threnches and neither of the lines look good right now.

D-line is getting old. Williams and Allen aren't the players they once were. They need to be replaced and probably will be next year.

O-line has been horrible in both the pre and regular seasons. They can't pass block at all. Sullivan gets man handled by bigger dTackles, Loadholt gets beat both with speed and a bullrush and the pocket seems to always collapse. I was driving and listening to PA and it seemed like I constantly heard Ponder gets the ball immediately followee by he's sacked.

I used to say give Ponder some time but he is missing too many receivers. Cassel would get killed back there as he is much more limited in his mobility.

I'd like to see a new O-line coach to see if there is any improvement. At least then you can figure out how many lineman they'd need to replace to make a decent line.

At least the Wild star the regular season soon.

And the offensive line was supposed to be the bright shinning star of the team this year. All starters are back. I have NEVER been a Sullivan fan. Some say he is one of the best centers in the NFL. I think he is one of the worst. He got owned last week against Cleveland time and time again. Even Kallil is playing average at best.

Defensively.....where is Griffin this year? The guy can be a beast, but I hardly see him on the field. They have Dean playin LB in front of Bishop, which is another dumb move in my opinion. They keep making moves like that and its going to be a long season. I thought the bright spot on defense last week was Sherells. Receiver might catch the pass, but he isn't going anywhere after that. Guy wraps up and tackles great.

I think this off season could be interesting. After this season is the perfect time to make some major changes and I'm hoping the Wilfs agree.

What I want to see is a new coaching staff brought in, hopefully one with a proven record of success. Then let that coaching staff pick their new QB from the upcoming draft. Let the new staff start off fresh. I don't trust our current staff to get anything out of a rookie QB and bringing in a new staff and sticking them with a nothing QB is a bad situation as well.

Along with the change at QB the D line will likely look very different next year. I think the oline is largely under contract so that will probably look close to the same so hopefully they start playing better.

I was not happy when they resigned Sullivan. Bigger tackles just seem to collapse the pocket on him. Will be interesting to see how a much less mobile QB fares this weekend.

Coaches are supposed to develop players and make them better. I don't see any improvement happening.

Will be interesting to see how a much less mobile QB fares this weekend.

Coaches are supposed to develop players and make them better. I don't see any improvement happening.

Depends how long he holds the ball for, Blunder holds the ball for much longer then he needs to then has to run for his life.

We have a few upcoming stars that we have been developing.

I think this off season could be interesting. After this season is the perfect time to make some major changes and I'm hoping the Wilfs agree.

What I want to see is a new coaching staff brought in, hopefully one with a proven record of success. Then let that coaching staff pick their new QB from the upcoming draft. Let the new staff start off fresh. I don't trust our current staff to get anything out of a rookie QB and bringing in a new staff and sticking them with a nothing QB is a bad situation as well.

Along with the change at QB the D line will likely look very different next year. I think the oline is largely under contract so that will probably look close to the same so hopefully they start playing better.

Totally agree.... Its blatantly obvious the coaching staff has been badly outcoached all season long. Reggie Bush and Joique Bell combining for like 500 yds 4tds. The fake Fg and Punt that worked to perfection were completely embarrassing. I can see one working, but not both. Our HORRIBLE prevent D shell that NEVER EVER works at the end of games and lost us the bears and cleveland games.

Our cover 2 defense is wAAAAAAYYYYY too predictable and vanilla. We dont have the right personnel to run it yet the coaches force the same garbage strategy on the team every year.

And speaking of vanilla- I bet muskgrave doesn't have a problem with gnats biting him, cuz that guy REEKS of vanilla. Zero creativity in this offense and its been that way since he arrived. I think he stole chilly's play book. Not sure if he knows its legal to have THREE wr's on the field at once...

LOL at our cover 2.

I've been saying we need to drop that scheme for years. Opposing QB's get pumped watching game film preparing for our cover 2. No surprise blitzing, just drop back in the same zones and hope the front 4 can create all the pressure, in the meantime the wr's find the hole in the zone or run around until they are open.

Might be decent if you have a dominate front 4 but we haven't had that for a few years now.