• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild 2013-14 season

yakfisher

I still think we're too young, too small and not physical enough to make a playoff run. Not to mention the fact that our goaltending is a question mark.

I say Ducks in 5.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• CaptainMusky

Starting to sound like I may be attending a boxing match tonite. Has potential to get ugly right out of the gate.

I think the Wild made great strides and the future looks VERY bright. I think they are only a piece or 2 away (along with a little more experience) to being a legit cup contender.

However the fact that West is so STACKED has me lacking in confidence as to what kind of run they can make.

Anything can happen but right now the road to the cup looks something like this:

St. Louis -> Anaheim-> LA/Chicago/Colorado (take your pick) -> Boston.

Whatever happens I think the future is so bright that I might have to wear shades!!!! Go Fletch.

going to be an odd game. We want to lose so we don't get the Blues in the playoffs. They want to lose so they get us in the playoffs. I'll keep tabs on it, but plan to watch the Gophers.

I think the Wild made great strides and the future looks VERY bright. I think they are only a piece or 2 away (along with a little more experience) to being a legit cup contender.

However the fact that West is so STACKED has me lacking in confidence as to what kind of run they can make.

Anything can happen but right now the road to the cup looks something like this:

St. Louis -> Anaheim-> LA/Chicago/Colorado (take your pick) -> Boston.

Whatever happens I think the future is so bright that I might have to wear shades!!!! Go Fletch.

This ^ and all of those series are on the road which makes it impossible to be honest.

Does Curry play in net tonight? and maybe Folin?

Curry in net for sure. Hadn't heard if Folin is in. Interesting story by Russo in the strib today. Good read.

full-283-44416-2014_04_1018.43.04.jpg

Was looking the other way so didn't see how dirty the hit was. Guessing some new chiclets are in order.

Sounds lime it was possibly suspendable. This would be the 4-0-1 Wild while I've been travelling...

At least I'll get to watch the finally on the 13th and the playoffs. Its looking more and more like we're going to play the Blues in the first round unless they lose out. eek

I didn't think it was REAL bad on Rupp's part as Oshie was turning.

However, Rupp does have to drop his shoulder lower and should be suspended. I also don't think the Wild really want to get their probable first round opponent more fired up to play against them. Go a feeling the Blues will be out for blood in the first round after that hit.

And on another note. I think I need to find myself a #5 Wild jersey for next year.

I know it was only one game but I'm a Christian Folin fan already.

Man what an ugly, choppy game... Glad they won of course, but...ick. I guess kind of to be expected when you scramble the lines, and play your 3rd and 4th line most of the game. Seemed like every time I flipped over from the Gophers game Heately and McCormick were out there. I think Suter played less than 12 minutes, and Parise and Koivu pretty much sat the third, which I was fine with... No sense sending them out there for a frustrated and hacked off team to tee off on.

The Rupp hit - that was bad. Just a dumb, careless play. Yeah I know he's taller than Oshie and Oshie was moving, but still, he's responsible for the contact, and he stuck his shoulder out so the primary point of contact was the head. Definitely suspension-worthy. Have to wonder if that's his last time on an NHL rink too - he's a UFA after the season, and he obviously can't skate any more after his knee surgeries.

How about Curry and Folin too? Liked what I saw from Folin, and can see why he was such a hot prospect when he decided to go pro. Glad we got him. Nice to see a journeyman like Curry come up big too. If he's even average last night the Wild get killed.

Re: playoffs, I know they've been struggling, but man I wouldn't want to be the team that plays St Louis in the first round. They're going to be an angry, motivated team after their late season slide. Much rather so Colorado or Anaheim, plus a Chicago/St Louis first round series would be some great hockey.

The Rupp on Oshie hit was way over hyped. Not even a penalty a few years ago.

+1 totally agree...shoulder to the middle upper chest when the guy has his head down used to be lauded as the perfect hit, laying the guy out. Now you get close to the head and it is a no-no...which might be a good thing.

Nice to hear Folin played well, kid is exactly what we need. Sounds like Curry had an amazing game. Brodziak 2 goals? Crazyness!!!!!

I am so accustomed to seeing these Monster goalies nowdays, it was strange seeing how small Curry was during the buzzer celebrations. Great performance by him.

Nice to hear Folin played well, kid is exactly what we need. Sounds like Curry had an amazing game. Brodziak 2 goals? Crazyness!!!!!

As the saying goes; "even a blind squirrel finds a few nuts once in a while".

If things were to end today we'd have the Av's and the Blues and Hawks would go at it. I would love it to stay this way.

Was nice to see Brodziak finally bury a couple. He's had those chances all season but has just been incredibly snakebit. Don't think you can count on him being a point a game guy in the playoffs, but having that line be a secondary scoring threat would sure be nice.

To do anything in the playoffs we kind of need a few guys to play out of the minds, maybe Brodz has been saving it for the right time of year?

I don't really want to see us play the Blues but really pick your poison, no matter who we get they are going to be a cup favorite. Blues have sucked lately so they might be ripe for the picking, and I hate to even say this because of the incident last night but they have some injury issues as well. eek

I think he's referring to Rupp's elbow to Oshie's head.

Yes please to facing COL in the 1st round instead of STL laugh

Tough nite for the Sioux all around.. :-)

Towes is injured too, we better wrap Parise in bubble wrap before he breaks.

I think he's referring to Rupp's elbow to Oshie's head.

Yes please to facing COL in the 1st round instead of STL laugh

It was Shoulder to the head not the elbow, elbow may have caught his chest. Calling it a "late" hit and "to the head" with his shoulder http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...-j-oshie/....no room in this league for guys like Rupp anymore where at one time every team had 2 or 3 guys like that.

4-0-1 when I'm in Asia, lose 7-3 as soon as I get back to watch a game laugh

If you look at the goals, they're mostly goals that wouldn't have happened if we were actually playing to win. We blocked no shots, did as little as possible to get hurt. Not so surprising we lost. But, Bryz' performance was a little concerning still. He looked flustered after that debacle in the corner.

Should be an awesome series with the Avs, two teams playing well right now. I have a feeling we win in 7, especially since Brodz is on fire laugh. I see the coach firings have begun and Yeo might be one of them if the Wild don't get past the Avs.

Blues are reeling and might lose their first rounder.

Fly I thought we revoked your passport until the playoffs were over!

Just throw that last game out of your minds, the Preds just but 7 on Chicago too and we basically mailed it in after the 3-1 lead. Hopefull Bryz is mentally strong enough to shake that one off, if not we are in trouble.

I reentered on a stolen PP. Apparently it's very easy wink (too soon for MH370 jokes?)

Anyway, yeah the only question I have out of that is if Bryz will hold his confidence into the playoffs.