• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Antique Lures

Hello,

I've acquired some older lures from a deceased friend of the family. I don't really think they are worth anything special. That being said, I'd like to know if there is anyone in the metro area who might have knowledge of older lures. I'd like to simply sit down with someone and hear what they have to say - both on the lures, and the original manufacturers.

I appreciate it, if you can point me in a direction that helps me.

Thanks.

OR, if you know the names of the lures, go on the electronic bay auction site and see what they are going for.

There are many ways to get an idea of what your lures are worth. hsolist tends to be a bit over inflated for the most part. Look up the national freshwater lure collectors club there are avid collectors there that would give you an idea of worth and could probably tell you a bit about the lure. There are lots of books out there including the lure collectors bible/encyclopedia which has pics and descriptions as well as a collectors value range. I would sure like to see what you have and would be able to clue you in as to what they are and a general collectors value if your willing to post some pics here.

Tunrevir~

What tunrevir said. I can give you an idea. I have a modest collection and a few books. I'm losing my edge though after stopping cold turkey. Last time someone posted a pic on here, I messed one of the lures up and could only remember about 3/6 from the top of my head.

Closeup shots of hardware (cups, eyes, hooks, joints, stamped letter, etc) help the most.