Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
walleyeking19

Deer hunting zone questions

walleyeking19

Okay I think I understand this nut I wanna run this by you guys too to double check. I bow hunt in a managed zone but gun hunt in a hunters choice zone. So can I shoot a doe with my bow early in the year in the managed zone and still shoot a buck or doe with my gun in hunters choice? I understand I can only shoot one buck all season. Thanks for the help!

tracker x-2

Or could you shoot two does in the managed zone and one buck or doe in the hunters choice???

BRULEDRIFTER

Or could you shoot two does in the managed zone and one buck or doe in the hunters choice???

No.

crawler harness

Why do you say no? That is perfectly legal, just has to buy a bonus tag to take the second doe

96trigger

Yep all the scenarios above were legal as long as the management tag was used in the management zone. You would also have to do it with two different method tags like firearms and archery as was mentioned in the scenario above.

Bear55

What trigger said.

BRULEDRIFTER

The way I understand it is statewide we all get 1 deer total/ year, regardless of license type.

Then you can take 1 bonus doe in a management zone and four bonus does in an intensive harvest zone, and unlimited does in the metro.

How can tracker x-2 take 2 does in a manged zone, then take a 3rd deer in the Hunters Choice zone?

That would be 3 total deer, one too many.

crawler harness

Nope your reading it wrong. A person can take 2 does in a management zone, say a buck in a hunters choice or lottery area, and 2 more does in an intensive area. You cannot take more than 4 does and 1 buck per calendar year. You can go to the metro area in unlimited zone and shoot more does.

BRULEDRIFTER

I don't think so. If you go shoot 2 deer in a Management zone, then you have 2 deer in your total bag limit. You can't turn around and go get a 3rd deer in a Hunters Choice zone when your bag limit for that zone is 1. You'd only be able to harvest remaining deer from Intensive and Unlimited zones.

So if you shoot a deer in a Hunters Choice area, that's your 1 deer for that zone, then your bag limit in a Managed zone is 2, so you can only get one more deer to be limited out in that zone.

Or, I'm on something... wink

crawler harness

Your on something then... ha ha. It is perfectly lega what i describedl. 2 deer total in a management zone, 1 deer in a hunter choice, 5 in an intensive. You can hunt all zones all seasons but cannot take more than 5 deer total and 1 can only be a buck. The only way a deer counts from one zone to the other is if its a buck

BRULEDRIFTER

Okay then. wink

Doesn't really matter to me anyway. It's all Lotto and H.C. up here in the Great White North. I get one deer this year, if I'm even lucky enough to see one to shoot at.

Jameson

I don't think so. If you go shoot 2 deer in a Management zone, then you have 2 deer in your total bag limit. You can't turn around and go get a 3rd deer in a Hunters Choice zone when your bag limit for that zone is 1. You'd only be able to harvest remaining deer from Intensive and Unlimited zones.

So if you shoot a deer in a Hunters Choice area, that's your 1 deer for that zone, then your bag limit in a Managed zone is 2, so you can only get one more deer to be limited out in that zone.

Or, I'm on something... wink

You're on something. The two deer taken in Managed doesn't have anything to do with Lotto/HC. A person could use two bonus permits on antlerless in a Managed area, then use their main tag on any deer in any non-Managed area. Can do it all with one weapon, too.

96trigger

Jameson, I am not sure about using 2 management tags in a managed area, I thought they changed that, if I am wrong, I apologize for the misinformation. I will have to reread the regs again.

96trigger

Quote:
Managed Deer Areas—The bag limit for managed deer areas is two deer and hunters can use any combination of licenses and bonus permits to tag both deer.

I believe I stand corrected. Remember, the total statewide bag limit is 5 deer. Guess your lottery and either sex area are the only places where you cannot use a bonus tag. Makes it easier.

mntatonka

I believe I stand corrected. Remember, the total statewide bag limit is 5 deer. Guess your lottery and either sex area are the only places where you cannot use a bonus tag. Makes it easier.

Except in areas with early antler less seasons. The deer shot in early antler less seasons don't count towards your overall bag limit, so 5 extra deer can be taken in those areas. Free landowner tags also don't count towards your bag limit, so there's an extra deer as well.

Jameson

Jameson, I am not sure about using 2 management tags in a managed area, I thought they changed that, if I am wrong, I apologize for the misinformation. I will have to reread the regs again.

If you remember a few years back it was the way you thought it is. Lcornice (and myself) thought otherwise and was wrong. The following year it then got changed/clarified so that we can now use two bonus tags in a Managed area. Not sure if it's still in the searchable archives here or not?

96trigger

I thought it was the other way around. I thought originally you could use the management tags and the DNR changed it so I you couldn't. I remember the thread.

ZachD

From what I understand is that you can hunt a hunters choice as long as you have your main tag... So if you use your bonus permit for the management zone you will still be able to hunt the hunters choice with your main tag.

Bear55

Yep back in 2009 there was some confusion but Lou made some changes to the regs to clear things up so now you can shoot two does in a managed area with bonus tags and then take a buck in a lotto area.

96trigger

Yeah, one of the last posts in the linked thread explains it perfectly. It is the answer given by the CO.

Black Bear

In Zone 601, where I do most of my hunting.....there is NO limit on anterless deer! We shoot allot of anterless in zone 601