Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
DonBo

MT Antelope (Photos Added)

DonBo

This hunt started as a "Field Trip" for our Chilakoot Bowhunters Indoor Winter Animal League. Darn near half the league came on this trip. I had hunted with Powder River Outfitters near Broadus, MT on several ocassions and had no worries about booking them for this hunt.

You've seen some of the photos, here's the story of my hunt: I'ts actually kind of embarrassing. I hit one the first day and didn’t recover it. Hit him high in the back in a non-fatal spot above the spine. These animals are very high strung and react quicker than anything you could imagine. I believe this particular goat ducked at the shot, thus the high hit. Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' too it.

These two fine goats were taken on day two, both over water:

full-20096-36299-mike.jpg

This is Gabe, the youngest of the group. He is heading into the Army next spring right after graduation. We were all rooting for him to score.

full-20096-36300-gabe.jpg

Then we had a few days of tough hunting. We got over an inch or rain overnight. Water everywhere, no reason for them to come to established spots. Spot and stalk put several on the ground for others.

Scott claimes the big one in front ducked, and hit this one behind it. It's his story and he's stickin' to it.

scott_zps56941894.jpg

jeff_zps2e21ea3b.jpg

Our very own Archerysniper:

jeremy_zpsfb284516.jpg

Last day of hunt, sitting at a gate crossing, early morning. Was kind of nodding off and looked up to see a nice buck right in front of me making a scrape. Before I could get ready, and he turned broadside, he was nearly 50 yards and I shot under him. I believe this buck was only 15 yards from me before I first saw him at 40+. Guess that’s what happens when you close your eyes. frown

Later in the day, I was reading a really good book and looked up to see another one less than 20 yards that probably should have been visible to me for 100 yards or more. Again, nose in book, not paying attention. Well he stopped and I shot, AND HIT A STRAND OF BARBWIRE! dam, last day and missed two. Kind of depressed.

Then with an hour left, (I had already called in to have them pick me up. Didn’t want to have to deal with a dead goat when we leave at 5am tomorrow) a buck shows at the top of the hill above me. He walked down the fenceline for about 100 yards. Didn’t look like he was coming to my spot. He kept looking behind him and sure enough, there’s another one. That one came right through the middle of the gate, 25 yards at 100 MPH! The first one also started running, but turned towards the gate…and stopped. 35 yards. Facing me. They are tiny animals and I wasn’t worried about taking this shot. I hit him hard and he ran only about 50 yards before piling up. Looking at him he turned so fast at the shot, that I hit him way back at a broadside angle. Luckily I hit kidneys and the main artery that runs under the spine.

The first two this day were much bigger than this, but I was pretty happy with the way things turned out.

goat2_zps43bdbfd0.jpg

When they finally picked me up, I found out my partner Matt had his own happy ending:

full-20096-36302-matt.jpg

11 of us shot 8 goats, everyone had multiple opportunities and everyone saw some real trophies.

full-20096-36303-group.jpg

mrklean

Great read Don glad you guys had some success

Powerstroke

Great story Don. I sure wish I could've been there. I love thr pictues of the area.

Scoot

WTG guys! That looks like it was an awesome adventure for sure! I hope to hunt antelope in WY in 2015 and I am already looking forward to it.

sportfish

Nice job guys !!

sticknstring

Awesome recap & pics! Congrats all!

rkhinrichs

Great adventure!

S.D. Ice Angular

Was that this year??

hugonian1

Looks like a great hunt/ trip.

Congrats to all.

Archerysniper

Was that this year??

We got home on Tuesday.

HooknHorns

That's a lot of shooting you guys did. Did any of them come into decoys?

DonBo

That's a lot of shooting you guys did. Did any of them come into decoys?

Decoys were used on a couple occassions, but the rut is JUST starting and they were not responding to them.

Rippinlip

That's awesome! Congrats to all.

PFUNK

Awesome job to everyone! That looks like a great trip. Glad to see you guys had a lot of success!

DonBo

This is the blind I sat first day. Not much of a view down in this draw, but did see three bucks, and had my first shot of the week from here.

DSC03325_zpsaac33ae7.jpg

Nice sunset.

DSC03324_zps13c73816.jpg

Scruffy looking mule deer growing in her winter coat.

DSC03327_zps7732d3ce.jpg

Future trophies with proud Mom.

DSC03328_zps3a81fccf.jpg

Spent one full day in a treestand up in the windmill. The view was awesome!

DSC03329_zpsa5f6202a.jpg

This is the view where I finally killed my goat. The fence seen is the one I hit with my arrow with the second shot of the day.

DSC03332_zps2ce32123.jpg

mrklean

haha tree stand in the windmill classic do the antelope not look up?

Archerysniper

Thank's for sharing the windmill pic Don I have been waiting to see it.

I have other pic's from the trip but I'm having troubles with the photo loader.

Archerysniper

Oh and 14 hrs in that windmill,no thanks. I could have never done that.