• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Go Bison!

RiverFish

College football is finally here.

Go Bison. I don't think they really have a shot of beating Kansas State, but it would be awesome if they did. We will be watching and doing a fantasy football draft. What a great sports day Friday will be.

Go Bison or is it Bicon...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• BrianLucky13

• JBMasterAngler

• Big Dave2

I'm just happy that my Gophers don't have to play the Bison this season. We need wins, not losses!

Wow great game that last drive was awesome. Great game! I guess they are sending the rest of the FCS teams a message.

Salary comparison:

Kansas State's Bill Snyder ($2.75 million) just lost to NDSU's Craig Bohl ($206,000).

Ouch.

Quote:
FBS teams should stop scheduling North Dakota State

You probably think this is a major upset, but that just means you haven't been paying attention. Knocking off FBS opponents is something that North Dakota State just does.

The Bison are the Alabama of the FCS level after all, winning consecutive FCS titles in 2011 and 2012.

After beating Kansas State 24-21 on Friday night North Dakota State's record against FBS opponents improved to 7-3 since the Bison moved up from Division II ten seasons ago. In fact, this is the fourth straight season North Dakota State has beaten an FBS opponent.

The Bison beat Kansas in 2010, Minnesota in 2011 and Colorado State in 2012. Add those to wins against Ball State in 2006 and both Central Michigan and Minnesota (again!) in 2007. You'd think at this point athletic directors looking for a paycheck game to get their team an easy win would stop answering North Dakota State's calls.

On Friday night the Bison knocked off Kansas State by essentially doing a better job of being Kansas State than Kansas State was. Some people will point to the loss of Collin Klein as a reason why Kansas State lost this game, the truth is the Wildcats offense played well.

Kansas State averaged 6.4 yards per play, though couldn't get much going in the run game, which is where Klein was truly missed.

But what the Bison did was keep the Kansas State offense off the field by holding on to the ball for 36 minutes and only turned it over once. This allowed the Bison to hang around in the second half before putting together an 18-play, 80 yard drive in the final minutes that ended in a one-yard touchdown run by quarterback Brock Jensen.

So, at the end of the day, the question isn't how did North Dakota State pull off this upset, it's who are they going to do it to next?

keep-calm-and-go-bison.png

Tradition and expectations...both are taken very seriously in Fargo. I've said it on here before...they EXPECT to win each time they take the field and tradition will tell you they DO at an exceedingly high level.

"The strength is in the herd"...roll Bison!!!

K State got out coached! It's as simple as that. For NDSU to control the 1st half and then weather the storm in the 3rd quarter and come back and control the 4th quarter was a thing of beauty!

The looks on all the K State fans faces were priceless! 11-2 Big 12 champs and then a paid cupcake comes in and hands it to them... Awesome.

After 2014 the big ten will no longer play 1-AA teams anymore. That's too bad, North Dakota State was scheduled to play Iowa in 2015.

Pretty sure. Takes effect after Maryland and Rutgers join the conference. Of course, anything can happen from now until then.

I think its because of the increase numbers of teams in the conference vs any fear of playing 1AA teams.

Ndsu has a real nice program and what a slap in the face to mn when much of those kids are minnesotans.

Don't really understand what you mean by the 'slap in the face'. I seriously doubt that the U offered many of those athletes as good of a scholarship offer. If they did, you can bet most would be playing there, even if it is the laughing stock of the big 10.

I mean those could weren't offered scholarships at the states only 1A team and the proceed to beat 1A teams every year while also beating up on 1AA opponents. They have beaten the gophers twice with once being a DII school.

Its fact that many of the best mn athletes leave mn vs signing with the gophers. Even the lower tier recruits are turning out to be very successful at schools like ndsu. All the while the gophers a just average at best.

I think its because of the increase numbers of teams in the conference vs any fear of playing 1AA teams.

Ndsu has a real nice program and what a slap in the face to mn when much of those kids are minnesotans.

It should be a huge wake up call to the U of M but it's not and never has been.

A great majority of the players on the NDSU roster are "driving" distance" for recruiting purposes and generally upper mid-west kids. The "U" could have these players if they so choose...they choose to pass year after year and the Bison laugh all the way to (and from) the "BANK".

The level of competition between D1 and 1-AA is a much narrower gap than it was even 20 years ago! I think 7 1-AA teams beat D1 teams this past opening weekend. And last year alone I think 5 or 6 teams made the jump to D1 last year. I'm thinking NDSU will do that soon as well.

Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany says he doesn't want conference teams scheduling FCS opponents but will not punish them if they do. Really? Are they that worried about being embarrassed? Apparently, YES!! A good number of those Bison players come from small town NoDak. and Minn. SU transforms them into top notch players, something the larger schools want nothing to do with. They want the high school stud who a lot of the time turns into a flop cuz they cant handle the pressure put on them. If this success continues at NDSU, I look for them to build a larger stadium in the 30-40k seat capacity. They have the land to do it, just show them the money!

Bohl says that the starters on NDSU are just as good as fbs, but the fcs doesn't have the depth. So I take that as even though they can pull off a big win early in the season, they would finish last in the Big 10 or Big 12.

And I totally think it is a slap in the face to UM. A lot of NDSU players are from MN/Wisconsin and drive right past UM to get to Fargo. A friend of mine from MN who was a 3 year starter at NDSU got a call from U of Wisconsin and was asked to walk on and yet MN never even noticed him. Wisco would have offered him a scholarship but they were heavy at his position. Brewster really missed the boat and Kill doesn't seem to be a solid recruiter either.