Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Big Jeff

Breezy Point here we come

Big Jeff

The old lady and I are heading to breeze point for our 3rd anniversary and I know nothing of thee waters I have been on Gull and whitefish a dozen times but never here. Looking for eyes or crappies any advise is welcome feel free to PM.

Davidjojo

Through tiny crank baits or plastics around the weeds. Look for the fish hitting the surface ambushing minnows. Bass Crappies and Sunnies. Or on the deep edge.

IL Res

I was up there a week ago. Only productive action on Pelican was trolling deep weed line breaks around sunset. Use larger crankbaits [ Rapala j-13, etc. ] Hotter colors seem to work best now. Crappies are suspending over deeper water now on most of the area lakes. Hope this helps.

Big Jeff

Thanks for the tips, I guess I need to look at the option of trailering to another lake too. Two years ago we were up on Gull same time and the fish where in the weeds stacked in 10 ft of water and tough to stay right on top of. Are the walleye schooled up in Pelican? I hope the electronics can help out!

IL Res what do you call a deep weed line?

leech~~

Try trolling small raps evening-night along the edges of the long sand bars on the north & east sides. But why is she letting you fish at all if it's your Anniversary? shocked

IL Res

Try to focus on weedlines/ breaks 10'- 20' levels. Visit MNDNR lake maps for Pelican Lake/ Crow Wing County. That will keep you busy.

I find that the walleye prefer nearby weeds in the peak heat of summer. More oxygen and forage is available to them in weeds than in the deeper, non-weeded parts of lake. Naturally they'll move more at night as well. Good luck! Let us know how you do.

jjz

Have not been out as much as usual, but Pelican has been slow for me lately. I usually work deep outside weeds (20-27 fow) during day/evening with jig and minnow or plugs and that hasn't been much good since July, except for bass and pike. You still might get some along weedlines super early and late, just not going to be great during the day. I have seen some guys out deeper getting fish with live bait stuff during day but that is not my game. Whitefish or other lakes might be better bet for eyes if your fishing tight to weedlines during the day. Usually the eyes pull tighter to weedlines on Pelican around labor day till later in fall, just haven't seen it yet. But again I have only been out 1 day a week versus my usual 5 or so days a week so I may not be on top of current conditions

Big Jeff

She is a great woman! She is bringing a book and we will be out on the lake! We where married on the Whitefish and spent our honeymoon at a freinds island in Canada. I am a luck guy hoping to get luck with some fish for dinner!

Is there a night bite on the lake at all?

jjz

i dont do the after dark bite, but some guys do and from what i gather it is inside weedlines on top of rocks or points or sunken islands. about 6 to 10 foot. tons of spots that meet this criteria so u might be looking for while to find a good spot. worth a shot, if nothing else works for u

Big Jeff

WOndering about bait, DO they sell it at Breezy or is there a better place to stop? Thinking fat heads and may be some crappie minnows and thoughts?

leech~~

If your coming up 371 stop at Dave's Sportland bait right behind Schaefer's on your way by to Breezy.

Let's just say they don't have "Gas Station" Bait and you wouldn't have to keep picking the dead ones out! wink

jjz

Yah the breezy gas station has bait. For fats and craps they are just fine.

Big Jeff

Are there any other bars or restaurants that you can boat to?

leech~~

Only Breezy when on Pelican, a few on the WFC, lots on Gull chain. wink

Big Jeff

So far skunked for eyes. Some largemouth perch and sunfish but no eyes been rigging 15-40ft worms and leeches not even a bite. Only felt like I graphed a few too. No crappies under bobbers either. Fished around the rifle site and north not sure where to try to tonight after a early dinner.

if you have any ideas feel free to pm.