Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Netflix vs Huluplus

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

What is the difference between them? I'm only talking streaming, not DVD mailers. Don't they offer pretty much the same content?

Bobby Bass

Simple answer is Netflix will give you old shows where as Huluplus is current. I have both we use the Hulu much more. I think Hulu is still offering two weeks for free if you want to try it out .

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

What shows are you watching that are more current on Huluplus? I signed up and was disappointed that White Collar was not even on it. It said it was on their web version, but it is not. So far I'm not impressed.

Jeremy airjer W

We have both.

delcecchi

Isn't hulu/hulu plus mostly tv shows, not movies? And doesn't the hulu stuff have some commercials?

Jeremy airjer W

I would have to say Hulu has a better selection of TV shows while net flicks has a better selection of movies.

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Anybody know here I can find shows from hgtv, without cable? I can watch them online, but need to sign in using my current Xfinity account info.

cylinder

I think you can get most HGTV shows on youtube

delcecchi

I went to hgtv.com and they had a bunch of full episodes available to watch on computer. If you want to watch on tv, and computer doesn't have hdmi output, get one of those google things.

Bobb-o

I have subscriptions to both. Like was said before Hulu Plus has a better selection of newer TV/classic movies, while Netflix has newer movies and older TV shows. I watch them all through my ROKU player which has a lot of other free channels such as Crackle. There are also several outdoors channels on the ROKU that allow me to get my fishing and hunting fix.

I refuse to pay the ridiculous fee for cable or dish with how little I watch TV, so the $16/month for Hulu Plus and Netflix for unlimited entertainment on demand is worth it to me.

fisherman-andy

Hulu Plus is great for TV shows, Anime, and some movies. However not all signature TV shows are available on it. It does have some exclusive content. This is the most used subscribed service I use over the others.

As for Netflix these days its mostly outdated movies, tons of kids content. Unless you have the DVD subscription there arent alot of whole movies and as with most the titles that are available are mostly B movies. Exclusive content can be a draw such as House of Cards, Hemlock Grove, & Arrested Development.

Amazon Prime, has some good content and good selection of movies, slightly better than Netflix or more up to date. Few or no exclusive content; but may have available some nice cable only tv show seasons available for view. You can also rent on demand new movies that are out as well as purchase your favorite shows/movies.

Redbox Instant; who can argue with 4 DVD & instant streaming of a good number of selected movies every month? Has some decent more up to date movie titles then Netflix.

Cut high cable TV cost and subscribe to all 4 for roughly about $32 a month. Tag on your cable internet bill and your sitting still @ $100. However still far cheaper then the cable tv with premium Hbo, showtime etc which can be upwards of $150+.

Whoaru99

True, with out the TV portion of cable and your internet connection, but figuring in a higher internet only price and the subscriptions, it'd be about 1/2 my current bill going that way.

I still watch enough TV that the other ~$2/day is worth it to me.

cylinder

I did the same - cancelled Directv & was getting along fine with Netflix & Hulu. My wife made me get Directv back, now that football has started. I figure it would cost me more if I had to take her to a bar to watch the Vikes every week.

I got an Apple TV for the basement, briefly used a Roku at a friend's house, and connected a computer to the main TV. I like the computer connection best. It's a good fit for a laptop with a bad screen and I can check email or anything on internet anytime I want.

delcecchi

To really answer this question for original guy... I think both have free trials, and if they don't they are cheap enough. Get both. After a month or two you can judge which is worth the money to you. Cancel the ones that aren't worth it.

DTro

What happens when the IP's start putting lower caps on everyone?

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Then we go fishing

Whoaru99

What happens when the IP's start putting lower caps on everyone?

Many, maybe even most, ISPs already have caps in the Terms of Service/Acceptable Use Policy. Whether or not they enforce them is another thing. Watching the whining on some other forums, at least with Charter, it seems like they only give notice to the habitual/big offenders.

If it's a big problem then usually there is a business account available for a bit more $ that has no caps. I think for me a Charter business account would be something like $10/mo more, but even watching several HD movies per month amongst other things I'm nowhere near the 250GB cap that applies to my service level.

From what I've seen, big gamers that do lots of downloads or those doing some sort of file sharing seem most likely to be affected. The cap amount is the sum of upload and download. The more typical user doesn't seem to run up against the caps much, if any.