• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It looks like the ice will be gone in our bay,of Sand,today. grin Thinking of putting in the dock but they're talking rain.

hey gunner it was great hooking up with ya!!!!!! just put that b-day suit on and getter done!!! gringrin

Yeah Smurfy it was good to finally put a face to 1 of the people on here.We'll have to stay in touch & see if we can't find a time/place to wet a line together.Your place or mine or maybe somewhere else that's convenient,makes no difference to me.It rained until about noon & finished off the ice in our bay,so we got the dock in plus about 1/2 way on the lift.I also took a peek at that place you were telling me about.Might have to give it a shot.

Such a nice day laugh here today that we had to put the boat in.With that came putting the canopy on the lift,it just about took us for a ride.Heading home in the AM,no opener for us,with a little luck I'll be back in a couple weeks.To everyone fishing tomorrow,good luck & stay safe

• 1 month later...

whats the skinny up there in regards to any no wake restrictions???? all kinds around here. headed up that way the july 4th weekend and want to know before any donations are made!!!! laughwhistlecrazy

There isn't any on Sand/Bowstring that I know of.The only 1 nearby that I know of is over on Cutfoot/Winni when you put in at Mosomo Point plus URL when going out the river mouth.We did have to move the lift for the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks.We can no longer go any shallower as we are at the edge of the riprap than lines our shore,we can only go up.Oh & the walleye bite has really slowed down for me but have stumbled on to a few crappies in the last couple of days.

as far as I have heard and read all lakes in Itasca county are in a no wake restriction,

as far as I have heard and read all lakes in Itasca county are in a no wake restriction,
X2 300 ft from shore.

Oops,I guess most of the people at the resort a couple of doors down aren't aware of this either.Neither are all the people who have been tubing in the bay. eek

• 4 months later...

There's only 1 dock/lift in the water on our end of the lake except for the resort nearby.Almost everyone out fishing is either wearing orange and/or camo.Pretty breezy most days also.

• 3 weeks later...

well thanks to an 8 or 10 point buck I no longer have a grill to my truck. there has to be one very sore buck in the grouse creek area north of deer river. cant believe he got up and ran off. just hope he didn't bleed internally and die. there was no blood to be found.

also had to chop about an inch of ice Monday morning to get the dock pulled in. hasn't made much ice since due to the wind.

also not much for deer signs.

We haven't seen a deer in the woods yet. Hear maybe two shots a day and they are far away. Going to try again tomorrow till Wednesday if it's the same might hang it up for the year. Sorry about your truck, been there and done that. Not fun. Still haven't seen a deer on a trailer or truck yet either. Not a good year but we expected it.

i'll be around also. I seen one buck go by on a trailer in grand rapids I think on Tuesday! SHOULD BE OUT IN THE WOODS FRIDAY AFTERNOON. some of us still gotta work!!!

• 3 weeks later...

ALTHOUGH I wont get up there to fish till new years weekend anyone got any idea how much ice the lakes have in the talmoon/spring lake area have??????

• 4 weeks later...

headed back that way early wed morning...........tell the deer to stay in bed!!!! eekgrin hope fish cooperate better then last time.

• 1 month later...

planning on heading up that was feb 21 weekend. I know that's a few weeks out yet but I gotta know. thinkin of driving the car up, at this point could I drive the car of on a forest service road????

SNOWFIGHTER?????? help. smilegrin

I would say no.

Even though the lakes are pretty barren, there is some snow in the woods. Anywhere from 4-6", probably more by then. Unless it's been packed down by others driving frequently, you'll probably have a good chance at getting stuck.

thanks Gus!!!!!!! I decided that even though this trip fishing wad part of a scheme to getup there before I had to work in grand rapids the following week I was taking the truck for that reason and ease of hauling stuff!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Pretty sure. From what I've seen and heard everything is ice free. Drive from Bigfork to Grand Rapids yesterday, everything was Blue Water. Just waiting for boats.

• 3 weeks later...

with the water so low this spring I hear conflicting reports. heard the real big boats may have issues. anyone have any thoughts about putting in a 16 ft lund stinger in lakes like sand or bowstring or Jessie???????

with the water so low this spring I hear conflicting reports. heard the real big boats may have issues. anyone have any thoughts about putting in a 16 ft lund stinger in lakes like sand or bowstring or Jessie???????
Been hearing Bowstring is super low, going to try to get time to check it and Jessie sometime this week. Will post what I find. I was over to Little Turtle access a week ago to check out motor, there was enough water for my 16 ft Lund.

I'm going to do a drive around tomorrow. Check all my lakes I fish and see if there will be a problem landing. If anything looks bad I also will report. I'm sure Bowstring could be a problem.

Was over to Bowstring today, it's 2 1/2 ft low then normal. There's about 15 ft of rock showing on the shore by the landing. Couldn't see the depth very good because of wind/wave action had it churned up. From what I heard from my old neighbor on the east shore is the power load blow out is there at the landing but hardly any water behind it. He said that's how his landing is also, maybe tough landing. The DNR hadn't put the dock in yet.

That don't sound good. Thanks for the updates. I plan on heading that way weekend after opener.