• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

4 hours ago, smurfy said:

so any news as to what the latest weather event left behind??????????

We got about 2-3" of sleet and some ice underneath. Snowing right now suppose to get another 2" over night 

• Thumbs Up 1

thanks snowfighter. do really appreciate the updates!!!!! so I take it you didn't get a lot of snow that they were predicting???

15 hours ago, smurfy said:

thanks snowfighter. do really appreciate the updates!!!!! so I take it you didn't get a lot of snow that they were predicting???

No ,mixture of rain& sleet, 1/2 " over night

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, snowfighter said:

No ,mixture of rain& sleet, 1/2 " over night

sounds good!!!!!!!!!!! thank you kind sir. really looking forward to getting out on the frozen water!!!!!!!!

Yeah, thanks snowfighter as we are in the area too. Not too far from the stop sign on Co Rd 35 heading west. Close to smurfy & we will coming up in the next week too.

its a small world even up there gunner...........snowfighters dad sold my parents the cabin we have!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya, as we got ours from a close relative of the people who built the resort nearby & homesteaded most of the land around our bay .He was a Great Uncle of the Tim,the owner, at Bowstring Store 

Anyone know how the bites been lately? Me and the gf are coming up this weekend for another lake hopping adventure in the Marcell area.

I believe merc was up early last week & fished Little Turtle & a few others. He said they didn't have much luck in their 4 days. Not sure if he isn't more in for the beer sometimes though:)

1 hour ago, gunner55 said:

I believe merc was up early last week & fished Little Turtle & a few others. He said they didn't have much luck in their 4 days. Not sure if he isn't more in for the beer sometimes though:)

in his behalf.............i did meet him on bowstring once!!!!!!!!:grin: not sure if he drilled any holes though!!!!!!!!!! he didnt think my spot was any good so went elsewhere.:)

he was right to, but bowstring can be real fickle at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

• Thumbs Up 1

Glenn, I go up for one reason. well make that two reasons. Fish and beer and not in any particular order. We  were up before Christmas and fishing was bad. But for some reason we never do good that time of the year up there. We didn't get on Bow because of drifted snow by one access and a ice pile by the other. Heading up the 8th again, will try a few of our standby lakes that time of the year and yes there will be a few brews involved. Man you have me pegged!!

• Thumbs Up 1

We managed some crappies on a lake in Marcell over New Years weekend.  Had to chase them from hole to hole.  Bite was much better when fishing in the elements versus inside the portable.  Very slushy conditions out there, but great fishing weather.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, gunner55 said:

How much snow out of the last 1. Heading up Thursday 

We got about 6"  light snow, getting cold and windy now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Snowfighter, I'm looking at running up Monday to my cabin and was wondering if they are driving trucks on the lakes there. We were up before Christmas and had 8" but curious if I need a wheeler. Thanks a lot!!!

merc, we had 12 inches some places 14 maybe in others. not enough for me to drive on yet!!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, merc said:

Hey Snowfighter, I'm looking at running up Monday to my cabin and was wondering if they are driving trucks on the lakes there. We were up before Christmas and had 8" but curious if I need a wheeler. Thanks a lot!!!

Was told yesterday there driving on Bowsting

• 1 month later...

Looking for some ice advice on Arrowhead lake just north of talmoon of Hwy 6. Does the lake freeze over pretty well. 

I fish it during open water and was hoping to pull the ice castle up this coming weekend with the family. 

Thoughts/advice. 

Thanks in advance. 

Cody

are you talking the arrowhead lake off 6 that's on the forrest service road??????? I use to fish that lake a lot.it got hit hard so haven't been back to it in a while. one time I went back there and there were 11 vehicles parked at the access, only 3 from Minnesota!!!!!! DOAH!!

but to answer your question, it all depends on how much snow is there. I do not believe that road is plowed as most of that is minimum maintence. to put an ice castle out there is really iffy at best. from the times i,ve been out there during hardwater it seems to freeze over good but not 100% sure. I spend a lot of time back in the country the past 30 plus years. 

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

are you talking the arrowhead lake off 6 that's on the forrest service road??????? I use to fish that lake a lot.it got hit hard so haven't been back to it in a while. one time I went back there and there were 11 vehicles parked at the access, only 3 from Minnesota!!!!!! DOAH!!

but to answer your question, it all depends on how much snow is there. I do not believe that road is plowed as most of that is minimum maintence. to put an ice castle out there is really iffy at best. from the times i,ve been out there during hardwater it seems to freeze over good but not 100% sure. I spend a lot of time back in the country the past 30 plus years. 

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Yes the arrowhead off the forest rd and off Hwy 6. 

We stay on the lake grouse hunting every every year and I notice it gets hit hard then also. 

Thanks for the reply ill I'll look for another lake to get he kids on some crappie/panfish action. 

Cody

you must stay at that camping spot just beyond the access!!!!!! love that country back there. it may be accessable this year!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2017 at 2:39 PM, smurfy said:

you must stay at that camping spot just beyond the access!!!!!! love that country back there. it may be accessable this year!!!!

Going to give it a shot, hopefully the ice is good. I'll be leaving the plow on the truck just in case it's needed. 

Talked to a few locals that said I should be good to get in there with the ice castle. 

Thanks again

• Thumbs Up 1

I still fish it every late winter and it has gotten pounded the last few years. Used to have nice panfish in there but the size has really been small lately. Lots of little stuff. Hopefully the pressure goes done to bring it back. Don't know where to send you with a big house as most of the accesses don't get plowed. The only lake that stays plowed is Bowstring thru Geigers resort but I haven't been there for a couple of weeks so don't know how the bite is now. Good luck!!

13 minutes ago, merc said:

I still fish it every late winter and it has gotten pounded the last few years. Used to have nice panfish in there but the size has really been small lately. Lots of little stuff. Hopefully the pressure goes done to bring it back. Don't know where to send you with a big house as most of the accesses don't get plowed. The only lake that stays plowed is Bowstring thru Geigers resort but I haven't been there for a couple of weeks so don't know how the bite is now. Good luck!!

what?????? you follow me around eveywhere I fish?????????:sick::grin::P:grin: