Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
smurfy

talmoon/spring lake info

smurfy

going to be heading up that way the 20th of aug and its been pretty quiet here in the deer river forum. my intent is to fish bowstring, maybe sand and some other lakes in the area. can anyone give me a little heads up on how fishing is?? thinkin even of dragging my 2 teenage granddaughters along eekeekcrazygrin

can anyone tell me about dora lake. been there once, would like to maybe try it again.

bugs still bad????

Jason Boser

right now both sand and bowstring have been alright pulling crawlers on a spinner or rigging w/ leech or crawler 8-10 ft

Jason

smurfy

thanks Jason!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

bmc

Did great on Bowstring yesterday!!! 6-10' w/ bright colored spinners, leech/crawler worked 50/50.

Also caught some on some humps in 15' of water, same presentation.

Brian

smurfy

AWESOME thanks Brian!!!!!!! will be headed up tues evening. forgot my leeches at the camper...........deer river still have any????

if your free we could make a little trip to bowstring ?????? will be up till sunday!!!!

smurfy

didn't do so well out on bowstring madfrown oh well,thats fishing. rid the lake of one small eye.........couldn't catch them little nords. I did however leave the lake cleaner then when I got there. I caught 3 separate different fishing lines and some kind of piece of aluminum??? fishing lines didn't even have any good tackle.

snowfighter

Smurfy did you try any deep water, I was there a week ago a couple mid- days 21ft did OK. I bet the lake is getting pea green by now with the hot weather and little wind.

smurfy

yea I worked some 17 to 20 ft depths out by bowstring shores. seems that's where most my bites came from. from the deeper water coming up shallow.

actually the lake/water wasn't bad at all. at least compared to last time I was there. was last year and like a gazillion billion snails floatin dead.

gunner55

Been on Sand for almost a week & it was pretty green looking Tues. morning.I haven't really tried for any eyes but been getting a few very light biting crappies.A few for ameal & the rest C/R.

gunner55

Did pretty well for eye's on Sand on Saturday afternoon just before the storm hit.Windblown weed line in 9-13' of water using a bouncer,slow death rig & 1/2 a crawler.

gunner55

Just a side note about how quickly things changed.I hadn't been off the lake an hour when the lights flickered twice & went out for 16+ hrs.Luckly we have a portable generator big enough to run almost everything.

smurfy

gunner our place is 8-9 miles east of sand by spring lake store. they warned us last year already that to expect those kind of things due to that big store that smashed thru the Winnie area. they figured a good 5 years of those type of issues because of weakened trees due to that storm. hope it turns out. we too purchased a generator because of it.

smurfy

kinda quiet from up that direction. shockedconfused has anyone seen much for waterfowl???????? thinking of a full week up there the last day of sept into oct. chasing grouse, waterfowl and fish!!!

gunner55

Smurfy,it looks like we will be going back up about the time you are headed home.Mom has a couple of appointments in Rochester on 9/30 & 10/7 so we won't be going back up until after that.I don't hunt much anymore but good luck to you.It's probably last trip for me this season as we plan on pulling the lift,boat,& dock.

smurfy

maybe next year!!!!!! this is the time of year and into winter is when the place gets used the most!!!! smilegrin and thanks you have a good time too!!!!

snowfighter
gunner our place is 8-9 miles east of sand by spring lake store. they warned us last year already that to expect those kind of things due to that big store that smashed thru the Winnie area. they figured a good 5 years of those type of issues because of weakened trees due to that storm. hope it turns out. we too purchased a generator because of it.
Smurfy did you buy the Fryer place about a mile west of the store?

smurfy

nope. we are still on Peterson lake. I did however meet the people who did about 4 years ago out on cutfoot. nice people. think there from Cambridge. they invited us to stop in if they were around. I get to keep an eye on there place occasionally.......its on my way to my deer huntin hotspot.

snowfighter

Are you on the west side of Peterson, Dallas RD .

smurfy

yep. first place north of the public access or what we call pine point.

smurfy

any reports on waterfowl or grouse numbers in the area???? headed there for a week 9-27.

smurfy

been awefully quiet up that way lately?????????? any signs of them bucks getting "spunky"???????

snowfighter

Smurfy The bucks are starting to move around some. Saturday was first time for about month I had some on my trail cam's. My son has scrapes/rubs around his stand area, started all this last week.

smurfy

thank ya!!!!!!!!!any ice..........hehehehe!!!!

snowfighter

No ice but we have snow coming friday afternoon into saturday morning!

smurfy
No ice but we have snow coming friday afternoon into saturday morning!
AWESOME!!!!!!!! just in time for deer hunt 2013!!!!!