• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Snake River report

Hey guys, with water levels lowering finally we bite has really picked up on the Snake as of last weekend the river is still about one foot up from normal but show be perfect by this weekend.

Walleye- Focus on dark shaded areas more than brush piles and logs and holes. Walleyes tend to move more when the water is higher than normal. Find the dark water and use 1/2 to sinkers with about 12-15" lead of mono with a bare hook tipped with crawler, or leech seems to work well. A jig and gulp minnow works well too if a pike don’t get if first.

Bass- Fish brush piles and slack water. Spinnerbaits, soft plastics and rattle traps are working really well right now and getting better by the day. If we stay in a stable weather pattern it won’t be long to see 50-75 fish days

Pike- Throw floating rapalas, spinnerbaits, and just about anything that bass like to eat. For quality size up size all your tackle to reduce the small ones to bite.

Catfish- They have been sneaky so far this year but planning to try to do a late night bite here real soon.

th_100_0023.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I spent some late nights out on the Snake River the last few days and WOW the cat bait is hot to say the least. Had fish action pretty constantly from about 9pm till midnight.

I like to place my bait on corners or areas where the river narrows up were the cats will likely travel through. The rig I was using was 20 lb braid with a 2 oz flat no roll river sinker in front of a swivel with 8" snell line tied to a 1/0 circle hook tipped with a half of a sucker minnow 6" in size.

The bugs are pretty good, I usually like to use red color lights to further reduce the bugs.

• 2 months later...

I've often wondered about the upper reaches of the snake. Thanks for the reports! That is one heck-of-a rig you have, by the way cool

• 4 months later...

BrandonN, setting up a trip this summer last week in July and was going to camp the snake river. I would be interested in a guided trip as I have never been there before. Can I get some info from you?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yes sorry I havent been so responsive I have been a bit busy lately. Yes I will send you a PM

• 3 weeks later...

Brandon: Really enjoyed our trip on the Rum last fall and learned a lot. Looking forward to a Snake River trip early summer.

I am glad to hear!!!! I think this year will be awesome. See you soon! I have you and Mike down for June, and it will come fast.