• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Finally got my new lower unit so off to the lake this am. I was going to fish for some gills in the shallows but they seem to have moved deeper.

Picked up 4 eyes and 12 gills. All caught on a brass colored colorado spinner and a crawler on a 3 hook harness. I tired from 3ft to 10ft of water for gills but no luck at all.

Moved out to 11-13fow and then I caught my eyes and gills. Fish would barely tap it and if you did not hook up with them right away, that was it. Tough bite.

Either I looked in the wrong locations or the gills are done spawning.

Water temp was 74.8 and the lake was starting to get that green slime look.

Had 2 clowns in a boat as I was trolling and it seems they wanted to play leap frog while trolling. They would go around me to get in front and then slide behind me. Then do it all over again. I finally asked them if they were fishing or just trying to make it diffucult for me. I finally just left that shoreline as it was almost impossible to troll the breakline with them doing what they were. They would get out 20 yards in front of me, then stop and start to cast on both sides of the boat. I trolled right over the one dudes line and cut it off and then he was not so happy. He said to me, couldn't you have swung a bit wider and I said no, you did not have to continue to do what you were doing.

Talk about a couple of morons!!

Funny how people see a guy seriously fishing and make it a point to get in his way.

Happened to myself and my dad on Mazaska this weekend. A boat watched us net an eye, then moved right in and sat on the spot. On the return pass of the troll, he decided to backtroll on a collision course with me, causing me to swing out even further than I already was.

What happened to a little courtesy between fishermen? It's not like we are on Mille Lacs or Winni where it's a common practice to sit on top of one another!

What a jerk.

Funny how people see a guy seriously fishing and make it a point to get in his way.

Happened to myself and my dad on Mazaska this weekend. A boat watched us net an eye, then moved right in and sat on the spot. On the return pass of the troll, he decided to backtroll on a collision course with me, causing me to swing out even further than I already was.

What happened to a little courtesy between fishermen? It's not like we are on Mille Lacs or Winni where it's a common practice to sit on top of one another!

What a jerk.

+1 for that. I had the same experience on Sunday, started catching crappies and had a couple different boats come barging right in on top of us, then proceeded to cut us off each time we made a pass through the line we were trolling along. I did at least get the satisfaction of continuing to catch fish, while watching them catch nothing but weeds.

Good day overall, even with those headaches though. We ended up one shy of our limit, with 5 fish between 12.5 and 14"

Some people believe it is OK to just drive around, see who is boating fish and then all but connect boats.

I am glad I got to cut off his line with my prop. I hope he had a $25 crankbait on when I cut his line.

Most of the time when people act strange as in your leapfrog fishermen it is because they have been catching fish there. Kind of like a male Bass protecting the nest. I think it is counter productive in that it is a dead give away. You don't have to catch a fish or see them catch a fish to know that fish are in the area. If I were a betting man I would bet this is the behavior of people who take over there limit. Just blow the area with prop wash and move on.

When fishing with Tom M, he would start acting like the Pelicans on little Nemo. Mine, mine mine mine. Mine when we would come across fishermen doing this. I would let them know it was time for a med check. Mine, mine, mine.