• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kyle Gipson

luckydog25

Did anyone catch his MLB debut? What did you think? I dvred it and watched the game last night. I thought he looked pretty good. Didn't appear to be to nervous, worked the strike zone, lots of ground balls, no walks, and 5 strikeouts. He did get into trouble a few times, I didn't like how often he shook off what Mauer was calling either. Joe knows the Royals very well, I would have to go back and look for the exact number, but it seemed like most of the hits came when he shook off what Joe called. Overall I liked what I saw...

For a rookie and his 1st game, very good job.

He kept the ball down in the zone and seemed pretty relaxed even though I am sure his nerves were rattling a bit.

Help with the first few innings when we scored the runs and gave him a nice lead.

Today, on the radio, he explained that it was in the fifth inning before he actually shook off Mauer. The previous "shake offs" were decoys to confuse the hitters.