Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gregg52

BOAT LANDING PARKING !!!!!

Question

gregg52

I was at a BOAT landing yesterday this paticluar one was on Leech

There should be signs posted NO SINGLE CARS !!!!

There was 2 single suvs parked in trailer spots

I had to park down the road and back up a 1/4 of mile to get back to the

landing to load (not a big deal for me as I drive truck) could be a problem

for some and a nuisance in the roadway of passing traffic

there was also a trailer just sitting in a spot this I dont have to much of problem with if some took the vehicle somewhere, but if for some reasopn they split that the need a kick in the a$$

Some will say I'm going with guide,then you park down the road outa the way

or meet the guide some where and ride with him these are pulbic landings not free parking for businesses

not to mention I had to walk and extra half mile,which is not a real big deal ,but still

9 answers to this question

Alagnak

So it didn't actually say 'no cars'? Then no foul in my opinion. Someone could park car to shore fish, or go for a walk, swim, whatever. And you know what- they got up earlier in the morning than you to get the spot ;-)

On the other hand. I was with my kids at the lake/park the other day. There ARE signs saying trucks/trailers only and separate area parking for vehicles only/no trailers. Some A-hole that couldn't fit in the trailer area took his trailer off and took up two 'vehicle' spots. So, we couldn't park and use the playground equipment. It takes all kinds of idiots that's for sure.

Wanderer

Yeah, it's frustrating when people park where they're not supposed to. But like Alagnak asked, does it say "No parking without trailer"? Or "Trailer parking only"?

Don't take this personally Gregg but I'm going to share my story:

I was left a nasty note on my truck at Burntside in Ely one day when I parked (without a trailer) on the lower level and jumped in a buddy's boat for the day. The signs in front of all the stalls clearly states "No overnight parking", nothing about without a trailer.

The note said "These spots are for not for car parking...." and some other comments... I just had to chuckle and go about my business. There are no car only spots at Van Vac access and the rule is if you're overnight parking, you stay on the upper level.

Whether you're pulling a trailer or not, it's still the same walk for a person from the outskirts parking to the ramp. Why should you get a break if you show up later because you're pulling a boat? First come, first served is the rule for public parking. When you show up early to jump into someone elses boat, you take what's legally available. A person has no idea how many people will be trailering in for the day and it's not their responsibility to be a parking monitor.

Read the signs.

Peace out. grin

ClownColor

Fyi...if u do not not have a trailer and another vehicle does' t either, please park in the same stall as not to waste 2 spots. Saw 3 vehicles waste 3 spots at farm lake access and pretty sure they were staying at the cabin down the road...

DTro

Yep if there is no sign then the courteous thing to do is pull all the way to the front of the spot so someone can park behind you and double park whenever you can.

Superduty

I could be wrong but I thought it was illegal to park a vehicle without a trailer at any "long" stall at a boat ramp?

gregg52

double parking i can see might be tough at some landing as the front

one might not be albe to get out

does it have say trailer parking only in a public landind

with long strips painted .....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i would find an outa the way corner or some where to put my vehicle

just what i call common courtesy !!!!!!!!!

DTro

some landings provide ONLY long stalls...

Wanderer

Yeah, it's frustrating when people park where they're not supposed to. But like Alagnak asked, does it say "No parking without trailer"? Or "Trailer parking only"?

Don't take this personally Gregg but I'm going to share my story:

I was left a nasty note on my truck at Burntside in Ely one day when I parked (without a trailer) on the lower level and jumped in a buddy's boat for the day. The signs in front of all the stalls clearly states "No overnight parking", nothing about without a trailer.

I had to chuckle to myself (again) when I saw these new additions at Van Vac last weekend.

full-17997-36552-image.jpg

I should've parked on the upper level though since I pulled my boat with a truck. wink

NAMASafetyDirector

Bottom line here fella's is this: 2 things which seem to unfortunatly getting in shorter and shorter quantities in society today. 1)Good old common sense 2) Common respect for your fellow man. If a person uses one or the other or in the best case scenario both at the same time, issues like this and many other petty issues would be less abundant. It goes for just about anything! We shouldn't need a sign or a list of rules or somebody standing there telling us what to do or where to do it in order to do the right thing out of respect for everyone else........carry on!