• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

key broke in ignition

westguy

Question

While starting my boat yesterday the key broke of in the ignition anyone have ideas on how to get it out

7 answers to this question

I assume there's not enough sticking out to grab with a needle nose. How about putting super glue on the part of the key that came out and fastening to the stuck key. Just make sure you don't stick to anything else. Should be interesting to see other replies.

strong magnet?

use a thin razor blade to slide along side and pull out?

turn the boat on end and shake vigorously?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Get a dentist pick at a cheap tool store. But if you don't have a spear key like most people don't. It maybe time just to get a new switch anyway! wink

That's what I did I just used another key to turn it over and went on fishing got home and tried getting it out again and now I can't even turn it over