• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've never been up to vermillion before, we are staying at bearhead state park. Looks like the nearest landing is at Sudan prk. I would like to try for a musky, am i wasting my time on that end of the lake? Thanks!

I've never been up to vermillion before, we are staying at bearhead state park. Looks like the nearest landing is at Sudan prk. I would like to try for a musky, am i wasting my time on that end of the lake? Thanks!

I only fish the east end and while I am not a true Muskie hunter, I have caught two in a dozen outings over the last few years, on the east end. Where the Muskies might be depends more on the time of year and water temperature. There are weeds right in Stuntz Bay, near Tower and plenty of rock piles on the east end that are regular haunts. You will see the boats around them, two people fishing, standing up, casting towards what may appear to be a blank spot on the water but it probably a small rock pile or shallow reef. Good luck.

There are fish in the entire lake. Its just going to take time to learn how and where to fish. Depending on when you are going to be there, you might be able to troll up a fish. Good luck.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully with photographic documentation!