• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be up fishing Fall this weekend with 2 guys who have zero fishing exper. I was up fishing on the 18th of May and found fish in the slack water near moving water in 4-8 fow. My question is how far do you think the fish have moved from then? Are they still in/near the moving water? out off the points or mid lake humps? or maybe the deep holes? I know I will have to search and try a few spots but if I could narrow it down and get the newbies on some fish it might leave more time for me to fish. Thanks for any advice and I will post a report when I get back. One last question. Is the water warm enough for leaches?

Thanks

Brad

Brad, I would definitely spend a bit of time in the current below the Winton Power Dam. Walleyes will orient to current for a surprisingly long time in spring/summer sometimes, and everything up here has been running about 2 weeks behind schedule.

Other than that, I'd drag bait rigs along windswept shorelines, deeper in the day, shallower at dusk/dawn. The bite has transitioned on the warmer lakes from minnows to leeches/crawlers.

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I was thinking the power dam in the am for sure and most likely the roll dam(with proper permit) in the evening. thanks again for the info. I will post how we do.

Brad