• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ALERT. Yesterday afternoon I had nearly all of my muskie equipment stolen from my boat, parked at my front door in my yard, while I was gone for a couple hrs to register people for our chapter tournament. My HDS8 was stolen along with 6 muskie rods and reels including 3 Calcutta 401te's, an Abu C3 6500, 2 linecounter trolling reels. Also taken was a fishoflage Lakewood Monster STUFFED with baits and with Plano's stuffed with baits in all 3 pockets, also a Forest Green Lakewood Extreme filled to the hilt, including many custom large crankbaits, also taken was my Frabill net. Please keep your eyes peeled for stuff like this wherever you go, online etc. Crushing. Broad daylight, middle of the afternoon.

Included in these lures were 11 Supernatural Crankbaits, very unique customs and a couple were personalized in addition. In all between 160-180 lures along with all release tools, hooks, leaders etc were in those boxes. I am in the general Bemidji, MN area. This occurred between 1:30pm and 7:15pm yesterday. A suspicious large late model blue SUV and a small boat with a tan or brown cover was reported on a private dead end road immediately behind my property by neighbors to the sheriff while he was here last night, tracks were located on the dirt road leading into and from my property where they would have been obscured from view, along with scuffing indicating loading of heavy gear.

I implore everyone to keep an eye peeled and remind you to always take the time to secure your stuff. I'm in a reasonably secluded location in the country, the boat is parked where it always is and I never leave stuff in it, this is literally the only time I have done that and that one time for a few hrs really cost me. Take pictures of your stuff and keep an itemized list. I didn't. I am working with the insurance companies and don't know how that will go yet.

I feel for you Thrax. Huge loss. With all the unusual lures, someone may see something. That one-time deal really bites. About the only time my service door on the attached garage was left unlocked, some dirtball walked in and grabbed my two favorite custom rods, big jig box, etc. Wish you luck on recovery and/or insurance. I ran an ad in the Pioneer for a couple days but nothing came of it.

GRRRR.

Everyone feels your pain and we will keep our eyes and ears open for anyone with stuff for sale or just a new bunch of tackle!

Well, still no word about anything as of yet, but I've gotten unconfirmed reports of some similar grab and dash thefts in my area from the same afternoon, evening. A chainsaw from the back of a guys truck at a nearby public landing and at least one other boat completely cleaned out a little north of me. Still have to contact the sheriff's dept to see if they can confirm that and if they've gotten any other info yet.

To those offering to help me out its very much appreciated. Keep your eyes peeled on websites etc. Some very unique stuff here so there is a chance...

I would like to thank Kevin Cochran, Ethan Rogers, Chris and Duff Thury for the use of some equipment and baits until this gets settled. Even bigger thanks to Tom Wartman of Big Mama Lures and Jerry Sondag of Headshaker Guide Service who nearly brought me to tears with some donated baits and equipment this weekend.

Wow... that hurts..

I'm doing my job to help... I shared this on FB for you... hopefully you'll have some luck getting your stuff back and hopefully these people are caught soon... mad

Wow... that hurts..

I'm doing my job to help... I shared this on FB for you... hopefully you'll have some luck getting your stuff back and hopefully these people are caught soon... mad

Same here, I watch c-list, WC and other websites often and will keep an eye out for muskie gear.

Keep an eye on hsolist. For example there is a guy selling a ton of muskie lures right now. Not saying he's your guy, but keep an eye out in the Mpls/St. Paul area.

Good luck and it pi$$es me off to hear stories such as yours!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.