• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My in-laws invited me to stay with them at Anderson's Cove in Steamboat Bay. We will be there June 29th-July 6th. What Can I expect for fishing in the bay. Will I have to travel to the main lake for better fishing. It looks pretty shallow on the lake maps.

for walleyes nearby you can try The Mounds which is out from shore on the North shore right before you go into the narrows. You can find some fish in the weeds that time of year. You can also buzz south of there to the Sand Point area.

If you go through the narrows within a short distance you have the flats around Goose Island, Pine Point on the right and on the left Star Point and the Little Hardwoods areas.

All of these spots are in the ballpark to Steamboat Bay and will hold walleyes. In Steamboat you'll find some crappies and bass but I don't fish Leech for those species so I'm of no help there.

Lots of good perch fishing in Steamboat Bay, and you can find some nice panfish as well. Leave the bass alone though...they're mine wink LOTS of big pike in the bay for some reason so far this year as well. I've caught a 39" and two 37" fish (all released).

For walleyes, the Mounds Point area will hold some fish, and you're not far from Sand Point, Cedar Point, Narrows/Oak Point, and it's just a bit further to Pine Point, Goose Island, Hardwood Point etc.

Send me a PM when your visit is a little closer and I can give you a report (I live on the loop road just north of the resort).

Slim dart you'll like Anderson's Cove. We rented a cabin last year with my wiles family and ended up buying a seasonal. We stayed last year over the 4th too and were able to find walleyes not far from the resort. Since we just put a new camper in and got another boat I haven't been able to fish yet but that is gonna change this weekend. And we will also be there the week of the 4th. Chris puts on a good fireworks show. Our camper is the first one in from the road and on the furthest row right when you come into the resort. Stop on by and talk some fishing and maybe a cold beverage. We have a blue town and country and a brown crestliner sportfish.

Thatoneguy I may have to hit you up for a report! Or stop on by sometime also!

Guys, feel free to hit me up for a report, and we can grab a beverage in the lodge and talk fishing, too.

Fishing is VERY good right now. I took my kids out yesterday and had a blast catching big panfish with some bass and pike mixed in. Released the bass and pike, fried up a few perch for supper. Nothing better!

Thanks for the reports guys. I look forward to contacting you again. I think it would be great to meet at the lodge one night.

Well I made it out fishing a little bit this weekend while we were there. We managed 8 walleyes and kept 4 sat morning in about 2 1/2 hrs and 7 walleyes and 2 slimers keeping 3 walleyes on Sunday in 3 hrs. Crawlers were definitely the trick. And the furthest we were away from the resort was 15 min running 35 mph. Talked to a few others at the lodge and it was definitely decent fishing with a mix of everything working. Well I am looking forward to vacation and hopefully meeting a few more FMers!

just came across these posts and we are staying at a cabin for the first time at Anderson Cove the week of June 29 to July 6 also. I have notices a couple of others in this post are as well. I have fished leech before but never this part of the lake to much. I would LOVE to talk with some one up there who has some info for this part of the lake. there may even be a beer at the lodge in it for you smile

It is my wife and I and 2 kids (10 & 12) I will fish walleyes for sure but we will also be targeting panfish. any help would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like we may have to have a FM meeting in the lodge! And Rocky just ask them in the lodge and they will tell you where to get big sunfish. I am still learning Leech myself for the walleyes but I will share what I do know. I love meeting people and talking fishing! I won't get there till Sunday but I am looking forward to next week. And Thatoneguy I will definitely send a pm closer to the weekend.

thatoneguy, I will definitely PM you, much appreciated.

and elevator guy, I will definitely look you up this weekend. It will be fun meeting some new people and talking fishing!!

TOG, you might have to include me since I'll be coming up Friday night too....ha grin

MR

Hey guess what, I'm heading to Anderson's friday thru monday, sounds like a party! Staying at a buddies seasonal. I'll be the one drinking premium and pbr smoking a stogie. If you don't mind that one guy, I'll hit you up for some info too!

I'll empty out my inbox so I can get PMs. Meat Run, let me know where you'll be fishing with your boys so I can plan for Sunday's tourney too. I'll give you a call Thursday.

I was going over to Leech from Nevis this weekend, but, this is starting to sound scary!.....An ever growing hoard of Bass pursuers all gathered at one location on the shores of the "Bass Factory" Leech lake makes yur blood run cold.....LOL.... crazy

For you bass guys,,,, I was motoring thru the Kabekona narrows bridges today and in the sun lit water I could see large mouth staged by the old pilers. Saw several and one very big green carp.

Got room for more in the party?!? I'm heading for Park Rapids (Bottle Lake) from June 30th- July 6th. The last few years, I've pulled the boat out for a day on Leech with mixed results. Don't know siccum about the lake. I usually head to Stony Point and go from there b/c that's about all I know. Would love to get into some walleyes up there if you're willing to have someone else join the FM posse!!

I will be up starting Saturday. I would love to get together for a beverage one night with you fellas. The only night I cannot is Monday night. Hopefully see you up there.

So which place is your's? My parents have the log cabin at the north end on the interior lot next to the easment lot. I think they are across from Roger and behind the guy that's the Principal at Cass Lake. We are up there a little bit using working or riding four wheelers.

Just got back from Anderson's Cove today. Fished a couple of hours early in the morning and a couple of hours at night. Caught some real nice bluegills and some decent perch in Steamboat Bay. Never did try for walleyes even though the guys that were going out to the walleye spots were catching some 15-16" walleyes. Caught the bluegills and the perch in the patches of cabbage just off off the pencil reeds.

Well I made it and I am there. And since slim dart is out for today I am thinking maybe a happy hour at the lodge Tuesday may Wednesday. And rocky and slim dart I put the location of our camper in the earlier post so feel free to swing by. I will be working on my deck today. And I did make it out fishing this morning and did manage 1 14 incher and a 19 incher and also lost a nice one. Looking forward to bumping into you guys

And that one guy I tried sending a message and you are over the pm limit

Been busy with family stuff and haven't checked back - hope everyone found fish!

Hey fellas, too bad is wasn't able to meet up with you. I had some family things to take care of. Had to travel back to rapids a couple of times. We had a great time, didn't get to fish as much as we wanted but we were able to get out a little.

We never fished during the middle of the day. I fished three mornings and four evenings (counting watching the fireworks). Walleye fishing was ok, we caught fish every time we went out. We threw back a lot of 12-13 in fish and kept enough 15-17 in fish for our family's to have a couple of fish fries. With me being the only boat in our group I was pleased that we were able make the others happy with two walleye dinners.

Bluegill fishing was a lot of fun. We caught a lot of really nice fish. We ate one meal of them. You should have seen my father in-laws face when I made him through back 9 plus inch gills. We had 15 and that was enough for a meal.

Most importantly thanks for all the tips. My 7 year old had a blast. He out fished me one night walleye fishing and that made his and my trip. His uncles and grandpa didn't have a chance against him all weekend either. It was also fun hearing him teaching them about conservation and why we turn back fish.

Thanks for tossing back some of those nice gills - that's important! My kids used to give me grief when I made them throw big ones back too, but now they understand that throwing back big ones means more big ones in the future smile