• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Love to hear if anyone is moving fish on the Musky opener on Big V....

Good luck to all!!!

Wish I could be there---be up in about a month or so!

Water is still really cold!!

Just got off the lake. Started fishing at about 5:30am this morning in Wakemup narrows and fished until about 12:30pm.

Ended up with four 13-16 inch largemouth bass and three follows from muskies that looked to be about 20-25 inches. Mostly we were casting downsized bucktails in back bays where we could find the warmest water (58 to 60 degrees). All the bays we fished were west of Oak Narrows and there weren't many green weeds at all.

Didn't see many others out fishing, probably because of the weather which did a number on us... We were planning on staying out all day but fishing in windy, rainy, 45 degree weather just wasn't feasible. I though it was June??

I caught a fat 48 on the opener around 9:30ish in the morning, just as the rain was starting. She T-boned a jerk bait.

Fished about half the opening weekend on west end of V. Crappy weather--and I guess I'm not quite the hard core fisherman I used to be. Not a great opener for me in limited fishing, one 30 inched boated/released. I managed to move 2 big fish, one well over 50" the other mid-40's,, both came in fairly hot after small spinners. All fish came from very shallow water, under 3 feet deep in emerging weeds backends of bays. Did manage about 40 pike in these same areas--they were snapping pretty good.

grin

40 pike sounds like a fun time to me FishDoc.

grin

CANCER SUCKS!!!

Keep on rocken!

Tommy

Any recent Muskie reports? I'm coming up this weekend and may have a few hours to sling the big baits. Are they up shallow or consistently out on the rocks?

full-19099-34165-image.jpg

One of my guests caught that one walleye fishing a few days ago.. That's all I know about the muskies!

Based on my time on the water this year ( a lot ) there has to be muskies scattered just about everywhere there is a ton of bait in the system.. I bet quite a few are out in the main basins chowing on Tulibees and quite a few are shallow resting after spawning still. I've seen a few tails on a few rock piles too

When i was a young man I used to chase that tail around on the bars.

How long was that fish Casey?

I don't carry a bunk board anymore or have a tape.. I think a VERY close guess would be 49-51.. Ive had 40-48s on board and this was definitely longer. I guess I should say 57?! laugh... what do you muskie guys think? Barry is about my height, 70"?

Had one follow today in several hours fishing.. About a mid 40's chasing a walleye back to the boat LOL.

I was being sarcastic. I assume Casey was using something like a jig and crawler and fishing for walleye when he caught that Muskie