• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Box call getting used

Hoyt4

Well I was thinking I need to get new Lil Heartbreaker but still have some more room. All notches now X are either from birds I've taken with just the box call or birds called in for others. She has been a great call. Sure showing signs of ware but still has a few good yelps left. grin

100_0166_zps77e83278.jpg

That's pretty cool. Nice to be able to carry something trusted into the field with you.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I love my boxcall too. Wish I would have kept track of birds on it like you did. Neat conversation piece.

Just was not ready to stop thinking about turkey hunting. Not that I ever do but thought it would be something to talk about. I wish I would of thought of something before to put on the gun barrel. Also on the bow but I have had a few different bows that might not work.

For a factory box call what else can you say? I have the Heartbreaker and love it. They just plain speak turkey.

Hoyt, the sharpie is a great idea. My Quaker Boy Grand Old Master has been a staple of mine for 30+ years and has accumulated 75 scratches/notches as of this season!

WD

Thanks Wallydog, I started with notches and started to be tough to see so I used the sharpie.

123fish,

You are right for not being a custom call this Lil Heartbreaker is one of the best one's out there.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hoyt, the sharpie is a great idea. My Quaker Boy Grand Old Master has been a staple of mine for 30+ years and has accumulated 75 scratches/notches as of this season!

WD

I love my Quaker boy box as well. Mine isn't quite as experienced as your though Wally. wink