• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 lakemaster mn chip?

Dahitman44

I am sure you are all laughing right now, but does anyone know if you can still buy the 2011 chip?

Yep I have a new lowrance and the "special awesome" chip they sell SAID that Otter Tail has TOP HD DETAIL ... Nope it does not. They are 3 foot contours, no names of humps or bars. It is Garbage.

Anyone have any ideas? No, I am not gonna sell it and get a Bird.

Does the 2011 LM chip have 1 ft contours for that lake? I can check when I get home, but by definition HD is either 1 foot OR 3 foot contours. If its not listed as HD, its the generic map like the DNR maps.

I have a 2011 LM chip and the new Lowrance chip (2012 Pro) and everything I have seen they are identical, with the exception that I get LOW and Rainy on the Lowrance chip where its an additional chip from LM.

I admit I do not fish Ottertail though so I never checked that lake.

You could call around to a few retailers and ask. I found one that still had some older LOW/Rainy chips dating back to 2008.

I checked my 2011 lm chip and compared to my 2012 lowrance chip and both have 3foot contours.

that is really strange because my buddy has that chip and it is 1 foot???

Did you check the Otter tail by Perham?

that is really strange because my buddy has that chip and it is 1 foot???

Did you check the Otter tail by Perham?

yup. I will check it again to make sure its 2011 and not 2010 but it is clearly 3 ft contours.

Checked my lm chip and its version 6 which I think was 2010. My bad.

Regarding the navionics app do a web search for navionics web app and you should get a link to an interactive website when you can drill down to check the map for any lake.

I thought those new Lakemaster chips were only compatible with Humminbird units. I've got an older Lakemaster chip, if it has the 1ft contours on Ottertail Ill trade you for your new one whistle

Does anyone know if a 2005 or a 2009 LM chip will work in either a lowrance or a hummingbird sonar/gps unit? I have a lowrance sonar/gps and I want to know if the 2009 LM chip I use in the lowrance 522C would function in a newer hummingbird unit.

Does anyone know if a 2005 or a 2009 LM chip will work in either a lowrance or a hummingbird sonar/gps unit? I have a lowrance sonar/gps and I want to know if the 2009 LM chip I use in the lowrance 522C would function in a newer hummingbird unit.

The 2009 Lowrance LM will not work in Humminbird, they were brand specific during that period of time.

How about a 2005 or 2006 LM chip. Would that work in both Lowrance and Hummingbird?

I thought those new Lakemaster chips were only compatible with Humminbird units. I've got an older Lakemaster chip, if it has the 1ft contours on Ottertail Ill trade you for your new one whistle
2011 was the last year for Lakemaster and Lowrance compatibility.

If you have a chip older than my 2010 LM chip, it wont have 1 ft contours for Ottertail. They wouldnt have taken it out of a more recent chip.

I am almost 100% confident the only way to get 1ft contours for that lake on a chip is Navionics. I dont think Lakemaster ever had it in 1 ft contours of that lake available to Lowrance, unless they released it for 2011 for a Lowrance.

How about a 2005 or 2006 LM chip. Would that work in both Lowrance and Hummingbird?
As mentioned any chips older than 2012 were Locator specific. 2012 and newer only Humminbird for Lakemaster chips, but prior to that you could purchase a chip for either brand GPS. They will not interchange.

yep -- 100 percent sure 2011 has 1 foot. My buddy sent me a screen shot and a screen shot of his chip.

do you guys think there is any chance lakemaster will take my 09 chip and update to 2011 for a fee?

What version is this "2011" chip? Lakemaster list versions for each new release not years.

Per your question I doubt they would be willing to do that. To what end would they be doing this activity?

well, i know you can send in your chip and get a "discount" on the new chip. They have done this for years. I don't know if they will do it anymore or if they will give me a copy of the most sought after chip that is now replaced by the newer version, however.

Yeah, the sticking point may be that they no longer sell updated chips for Lowrance so they may not do it. Worth a shot though.

Out of curiosity did you get the 2012 or 2013 Lowrance Chip? Mine is 2012 and I know the 2013 had many changes.

My Lakemaster v7.1 is in three foot contours for Otter Tail.

My Navionics which was last updated this spring has a mix of contours depending on how steep the breaks are. Some of the flatter breaks have 1 foot contours. The steeper breaks are in three foot contours.

Frankly IMO, more than three foot contours on the steep breaks on that lake would clutter the screen too much because there are a bunch of them.

One more point, LM v7.1 works with Lowrance HDS. If it's not the last one, it's close.

If it were me, and that was my home lake, I'd forget about LM. Assuming the mapping on Navionics is true. Your mileage may vary and all that stuff.

I would say your options are.

1. Search high and low for a 2011 lakemaster chip compatable with lowrance. e bay etc.

2. Pick up an inexpensive hummingbird unit with gps like 385ci. You could put this next to lowrance and use as a stand alone gps saving your whole lowrance screen for sonar. This unit is nice and portable and comes with ice ducer for winter. Great having portable gps/sonar unit for ice fishing anyways.

3. Live with 3 foot contours.

My Lakemaster v7.1 is in three foot contours for Otter Tail.

One more point, LM v7.1 works with Lowrance HDS. If it's not the last one, it's close.

My chip is Version 6 which was released in 2010. Version 7.1 was released in 2011 and it is indeed the last chip supported for Lowrance.

I just looked at my Lakemaster, Lowrance and Navionics. Lakemaster Version 7 was 3' Contours and the Navionics was 1' contours when I compared the same areas.

I find pictures help.

First is the Navionics chip, updated this spring, showing one foot contours.

full-28138-33739-shot1.png

Next is the same Navionics chip showing three foot contours a few hundred feet west of the previous image. This one is zoomed in a notch farther to try to get more lines.

full-28138-33740-shot2.png

Finally, Lakemaster v7.1, three foot contours everywhere. Zoomed even closer than the other two. Honestly, I don't know that one foot contours would help as steep as that break is.

full-28138-33741-shot3.png