• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Seems a little quiet here even for a holiday weekend. Finally got to the big V even though it was only for a few hours. Managed one fat 19 incher in 28ft off a shoreline break using a big shiner. We played around with chubs and leeches in the little time we had but just the one bite.

An area lake seems to have a frog bite as the walleyes are coming from the reeds at night(amidst lots of croaking).

We have done pretty well here over the weekend, mostly in Frazer Bay 18-24 feet. Probably 10 keepers with some jumbo perch.

Put the boat in the lake yesterday and had a decent late afternoon/evening. Slip bobbers and leeches off the end of a boulder point....11-15'. We had 10 in the box and put back an 18.5", 20.5" and a long skinny 28". Only had one small fish.

Arrived Friday evening...fishing has gotten better everyday. 12 nice fish this am in 12-15 ft. Kept 5...released 6 over 20 and a dink.

Good to be back on the soft water...

It sure got better towards the end of the weekend. Rigs with rainbows was producing a lot of small males until Sunday night when some bigger fish in addition to the little guys showed up. Pretty standard, sandy bays in 20 ft or so. Getting some eaters was pretty easy once you sorted. PSU followed me around in Frazer and I left a few for him!! I never saw my friend in the big black Lund though??? He usually seeks out the big red Lund! It is nice to see some good fishing in Frazer again in spots that have not produced in a long time...

Don't worry, with the number or cormorants in frazer they will eat all the walleyes over there! Fishing was pretty good for us today nice nice eaters a couple slot a few dinks and a 26.. I had four days off the water now ill be out everyday until next Monday again.. If this week is like today it should be a fun one!

Casey, Thanks for getting my trolling motor fixed so quickly. Much appreciated!

D11R,

Thanks for leaving some for us! Never seen someone (you) so busy managing others lines and still catching fish. We did great last night, probably because the Big Red Lund was gone!

Anybody got some water temps to report? Also any small mouth/panfish info would be greatly appreciated got a spot up in Niles that I fish for both and have done really well last couple of years hoping to find some 55-60 degree water. My dads on walleye near pine island(where cabin is and he is 20 times the walleye fisherman I am) so I am fairly confident on that but got a group of 7 coming Tuesday and 2 are bass nuts like me and last year same week was unbelievable but this years going to be tough with the water temps. Anyways can't wait to get on the lake 9 days of fishing in a row haven't been up there for that long since college.

Some shallow bays are as warm as 64 degrees and they're kicking out some nice smallmouth. The next few weeks should be dynomite for bass fishing. grin

Big Bay had 54-56 degrees last night. Most other areas are high 50's into the low 60's. Bass fishing is getting HOT.

That is what I wanted to hear. I didn't think they would be that high awesome going to have to change my approach. I hope to hell I have bass thumb tomorrow 300 can't get here soon enough today and get to see Dave's crusty smile at birch point tonight