• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MN WILD.....LOL!!!!! I told u so

BuckSutherland

I must have hit a nerve with you cry babies. You must be bitter about all that money you wasted on season tickets to watch them come out and stink it up with their big free agents.

Knowledge is power. You must be the most powerful man I have ever seen in print. I am just awestruck. Thanks again for shining your light upon us. I can only hope that someday my words are worthy of being on the same thread as your word. All hail the great and powerful Richard!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckSutherland

• CaptainMusky

• Bear55

• PierBridge

Or, maybe he will just spend his time learning to spell? From what I here hockey knowledge in Minnesota just isn't what it used to be around hear.

Buck, humor us and tell us why the other teams in the NHL are so good and why MN is so bad. You seem to like throwing out meaningless insults and making fun of their names but you haven't added anything of worth to your point. Blah blah blah Parasite blah blah blah MN is doomed blah blah blah. Dude, if your going to pick arguments and throw mud at people at least offer some valid viewpoints..

He has no viewpoints, look at all of his posts. He just goes and calls out others views, or teams that are struggling. It's always "I told you they shouldn't have done that", but never gives any insight on what a team should do.

Buck, humor us and tell us why the other teams in the NHL are so good and why MN is so bad. You seem to like throwing out meaningless insults and making fun of their names but you haven't added anything of worth to your point. Blah blah blah Parasite blah blah blah MN is doomed blah blah blah. Dude, if your going to pick arguments and throw mud at people at least offer some valid viewpoints..

I have tried to pound it into your brains that NEVER in the history of MN sports has it EVER worked to go out and sign BIG-TIME free agent contracts. EVER!! Why would it be any different with what the Wild did?? Why are other teams better?? Because some of them understand to build from the ground up, and not try to skip ahead to the third or fourth story. Everyone wants to win RIGHT NOW! So all of our MN GMs have been out spraying cash around, trading picks, and bringing guys in here to win right away, but low and behold its not enough. Then the franchises blow their whole wad, cant keep any of the other good players and keeps the old useless ones and the whole thing falls apart. Just look at the Twolves, Twins, and Vikings. Where did the Twolves spend all their money?? How about Twins and Vikings???

If I was the owner I would scrap the whole dam thing. I would fire the coach and GM about a year ago, trade some of my top players and build from the ground up to make a serious run at it. Prime example right now in Pro sports. SF 49ers. They were in the tank for years, but built the right way and now are going to be a serious contender for the next 3-5 years.

I am interested in Championships, not just contending for the playoffs every year. I have choked on enough of this MN carp and would like something different.

With the guys the wild "picked up" they are doomed for years to come unless they cut loses and start over.

And how have they not fired the coach yet??

Just about every team in the league had players making more than Parise and Suter and they were both offered more money by other teams so their contracts are big but they aren't anything out of the ordinary and I wouldn't call them huge. And over 3/4 of the team is drafted/brought up so I'm not sure why your saying that they only bring in free agents.. Also, you can't compare a hockey team to a football team, the NHL is totally different than the NFL. The Wild were one fricken buy out away from being a top team in the west after last season and they couldn't do it because of a freak injury and now you throw your insults at everyone after they slide a little 1/2 way through a looooong season..

rolling.gif

Next he will impress us with his vast knowledge of the game.

Immediately followed by grammar and the mastery of the English language -- here NOT hear...

Buck, the fatal flaw in your "giant free agent contracts" theory is that contrary to what YOU believe, the Wild do indeed have some strong young talent. The problem is many of these kids dont come out and be lights out the second they enter the league as a 19 or 20 year old. Brodin was a beast last year. I think he had a bit of a setback this year mostly due to the injury, and IMO hasnt been back to the level he was prior to the injury let alone last year.

The addition of Parise and Suter was genius IMO. Would I have loved if we could have gotten them for half the money? Absolutely!

The trouble is they probably took less to come here than they could have gotten elsewhere and that is the kind of money you have to spend to get proven talent. Suter logs so much ice time you are basically getting TWO Dmen with him.

Parise until his injury has done everything this team could have wanted IMO.

Anyone who knows anything about hockey would say that just by signing those two guys doesnt thrust you into the Cup Finals and start building trophy cases. I think YOU are putting words into our mouths or pointing your uneducated comments to someone who truly doesnt know hockey.

The Wild have been bitten bad by the injury bug and IMO the SINGLE thing that caused devastating effects to THIS season actually occurred LAST season when Heatley got hurt.

Had that not happened I think a couple things would have happened, 1) they actually would have had a better showing in the playoffs last year with a healthy Heatley (probably still lost in round 1 however) 2) they would have bought out his contract and spent that money to either retain Cullen. This would have been huge for this team.

The young guys are exactly that, young. They need time.

Risebrough left the cupboard pretty bare and Fletcher has done a pretty effective job of accumulating talent, but not each player develops on the same time table.

Next year will be the year IMO. More cap space. Heatley contract gone and some potential to bring in some more impact players and another goalie. Will they win the cup? thats a bold statement. I will say no, but I expect them to make a serious run next year.

By all means Buck go and cheer on the 49ers, god knows we need more 49ers fans in the hockey forums. crazy

Or, maybe he will just spend his time learning to spell? From what I here hockey knowledge in Minnesota just isn't what it used to be around hear.

This is a humorous statement.

By all means Buck go and cheer on the 49ers, god knows we need more 49ers fans in the hockey forums. crazy

Why dont you go back and read this and try doing a little more back slapping with all of your pals in here. You guys are pathetic and incapable of objective analysis.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2869631/1/WILD_SIGN_PARISE_AND_SUTER!!!!

They (the wild) suck plain and simple. You cant buy chemistry like all of you think they did with those 2 and pompusville. IT DOESNT WORK!!

But go ahead and keep bashing me for spelling, my knowledge of the game or for my views. The FACT is that I was/am correct 2 years into this thing. You fans wanted to win right now, well you are getting exactly what you wanted, a mediocre team for the next ten years. And you are always gonna think you are a player or two away, and there is always gonna be next year. They are a lot more than a couple players away. Its not going to matter who the players are when they leave a total donkey in there to coach them.

They (the wild) suck plain and simple. You cant buy chemistry like all of you think they did with those 2 and pompusville. IT DOESNT WORK!!

After reading this entire topic I can say I learned one thing. And that is... BuckSutherland is a Dumb@$$ just trying to get a rise outta people. That's it

After reading this entire topic I can say I learned one thing. And that is... BuckSutherland is a Dumb@$$ just trying to get a rise outta people. That's it

That pretty much sums it up I would say.

Wild without Sutter and Parise- Non playoff team

Wild with Sutter and Parise- Playoff team

Enough said on that topic. (oh and by the way, they are the best 2 players on the entire roster and you would know that if you watched 2 minutes of wild hockey in the last 2 years buck)

So why shouldn't the wild have signed them again? I would like to HEAR your reasoning, because anyway you try to argue against those signings would make ZERO sense. I suppose the wild would be better off without them, huh? Dohkay....

Its no coincidence the wild have fallen off a bit since Parise got hurt. Because he's THEIR BEST PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big time free agents signing seems to work pretty well for the Yankees.

And as far as coaching goes, I'd rather loose than have a coach like the 49ers, talk about pompous!

Nope, just sick and tired of MN teams, owners and GMs with their short-sighted approach to team sports. I want to win titles as much as the next guy. The win now mentality in pro sports makes that pretty hard to do. You cant just buy a team and slap it together and think it is going to work.

Wild without Sutter and Parise- Non playoff team

Wild with Sutter and Parise- Playoff team

Enough said on that topic. (oh and by the way, they are the best 2 players on the entire roster and you would know that if you watched 2 minutes of wild hockey in the last 2 years buck)

So why shouldn't the wild have signed them again? I would like to HEAR your reasoning, because anyway you try to argue against those signings would make ZERO sense. I suppose the wild would be better off without them, huh? Dohkay....

Its no coincidence the wild have fallen off a bit since Parise got hurt. Because he's THEIR BEST PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, playoff team. They will be lucky to sneak in this year just like last year. I have said it plenty, if you guys are happy just to make the playoffs and get bounced the first or second round then these are your guys. Do you understand opportunity cost yiggin?? If you arent too busy in the land of mediocrity let us know what it means.

Big time free agents signing seems to work pretty well for the Yankees.

And as far as coaching goes, I'd rather loose than have a coach like the 49ers, talk about pompous!

There is no salary cap in baseball, much different than hockey or football. Can you tell me the time in MN sports were big free agent signings have brought us a title?

There is no salary cap in baseball, much different than hockey or football. Can you tell me the time in MN sports were big free agent signings have brought us a title?

Whalen and Macarville. Kirby Pucket (re-signed), Jack Morris

Yep, playoff team. They will be lucky to sneak in this year just like last year. I have said it plenty, if you guys are happy just to make the playoffs and get bounced the first or second round then these are your guys. Do you understand opportunity cost yiggin?? If you arent too busy in the land of mediocrity let us know what it means.

Welcome to the world of reasonable expectations Buck, ya we all want our teams to win it all every year but come on, endless complaining about everything has to get old. For every team that tanks and bounces back there are 3-4 teams that tank and never bounce back or live in the middle of the pack forever. There is no single formula to winning a championship.

The Wild have always been about the future or until recently, still some things have to fall in place for it to work. They have two cores of players right now, the old vets and the kids. In the NHL you need to be deep and your talent needs to be spread out so you can afford all of them. If you look at posts coming into this season I was hoping we make the playoffs again, no one was predicting cup or if they did they were kidding themselves. A lot of our future depends on some 21 year olds, if they can develop into high end players and our vets can sustain their game I think we have a chance to content over the next 5 or so years. Starting next season I think we have a chance, the kids will have enough experience and hopefully we see some breakout years.

If not then oh well we just suck again you will have more to complain about.

Wondering if anyone could update me on how this worthless, pie-stain team is doing this year?? Ready to hoist that cup this spring??

pie stain?

american-pie-530-x-298.jpg

I am wondering if Buck should maybe give up on sports altogether, its just not worth stressing yourself out over pie stains right?

Or buck maybe take the Marian Hossa approach (maybe look that up if you don't know who he is) anyway after picking the wrong team and losing the cup two years in a row he finally got it right in Chicago. You could pick one of the best teams from each sport every season and eventually you are bound to be a CHAMPION!!! ra ra ra!!!

If you look at posts coming into this season I was hoping we make the playoffs again, no one was predicting cup or if they did they were kidding themselves.
Exactly. The ONLY people who thought the signing of Parise and Suter immediately thrust the Wild into Cup Championship contenders were 1) fans who are completely clueless about NHL/Hockey in general 2) the media to build hype

The rest of the people were excited about the signings and saw that as a huge building block to use as a foundation for the rest of the team. They have a nice group of core players right now, but are thin in some places so when an injury crops up they get exposed.

Goal Tending is an issue right now along with depth at forward when Parise and Koivu are out, Pomminville, Coyle, etc. All of these guys have been out for stretches at a time. The young guys just arent quite ready. Zucker is up for his 5th time this year and produced in both games back, so MAYBE this is a sign he is ready for the leap.

This team is very close to being a serious contender. I would say having a stud goalie (Harding is it if he can be healthy, but too many questions there) and another scorer with some size. Both of these I hope are addressed by trade deadline or in offseason. They dont have much money to work with this year.

• 2 weeks later...

So is anyone else shocked that the wild has won 6 of 8 and Buck has fallen off the face of the earth? laugh

The best part about the hockey forums is there aren't that many posters and we don't have any tools running around, however when they do show up its beyond obvious.

Dont worry, I will be back to visit you right around the end of the regular season or shortly after you celebrate your one and only playoff win.

Dont worry, I will be back to visit you right around the end of the regular season or shortly after you celebrate your one and only playoff win.

You must keep busy visiting all the teams who don't win it all in the given year. Good luck with your ambitious trollfest.

Wow, tough crowd on here!

grin Ya but he had it coming, we kind of expect intelligent conversion. When guys show up out of the blue blabbing away its easy to spot the troll, hockey forms are pretty small. We are also pretty honest and open minded about our chances. Will we win a cup, probably not this year but at least we have a shot now, a few years back we had no chance at all. Did we overpay for Parise? You bet but without him we don't get Suter and he is worth every penny of 7.5 a year for 13 years.