• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Landings

The Shoreveiw landing in I falls is open,so is the landing at Pelland ,the Pelland landing still has a chunk of ice at the rivers edge ,I would say small boats for now.I talk to a guy putting his boat in at Pelland today and he said they were getting a few walleye's.The river is low and clean.

BB1

Kelly, I heard that they may be opening the dam a little in I falls. Any word? can you help me out with this info? any truth? if so has it had a negative effect in the past?

Thanks

I haven't heard,it would not hurt at all if they let out a little water,the river is as low as I have seen it,a little current in my opinion will help,open things up and get them feeding,.another foot of water would be ideal.

Bb1

From what I hear sometime on th 31st they will open the dam. I heard this from my brother in law who I think got the info from sportsmans. Whether its true or not I have no idea.

How was the boat ramp and parkingg area at pelland landing any info would be appreciated. thankyou

The parking area is a little muddy but ok,the landing has a big piece of ice at the bottom,smaller boats would push over it fine ,larger boats would be a problem right now.

I'am getting boat ready,I ordered my bait,it has arrived ( crawlers) They have minnows in town.I like to fish for both walleye and sturgy, so I take equipment for both.

I will be putting boat in next week,maybe Tuesday depending on the weather .I heard the river is getting close to Birchdale.

Bb1

I talked to alyse this AM and she said they had the machinery there to clear the access in birchdale yesterday. Not sure if they did or not tho? Cant confirm. But my guess is that after today, or possibly today even birchdale will be available for big boats. And Im hoping by next Thursday at Frontier. Fingers crossed

Does the county guys work on the weekend? Maybe first thing Monday morning..anybody got more info?

Landing still has ice I put my 16.5 alumacraft and 75 mercury in yesterday over shore ice. Ice is breaking away getting very soft at top of landing. Still 35 yards of shore ice when we left last night at 7 pm.

fishtales, Im guessing that you didn't push that boat over the ice..... correct???

You would be amazed what you see up there sometimes! I've seen guys push 18 and 19 foot boats over the edge, then shoot back up on the ice later and winch it on the trailer.

Two summers ago when I was working with the DNR doing watercraft inspections at the access in I falls behind hardees, I hooked into a massive sturgeon could have easily pushed 100 lbs. It spooled my braided line and nearly pulled me into the water. I was using hardees cheeseburgers on a plain hook off bottom.

I backed down ramp as far as i thought i could go and pushed boat off trailer using crank to keep control of boat speed off trailer. Had transducer tipped up and motor trimmed as high it would go. After boat was on ice it wanted to go had to have rope connected and let boat drop in water. Pulling boat back out hooked tow rope to trailer and another length of rope to boat. Used truck to pull boat up to top of ramp and cranked back onto trailer. Fishing was good and weather was good makes it better.

if Birchdale does open how is that ramp? shallow and gentle or does it drop off quick like Vidas? IE... Is It Bunk Trailer Friendly?

Any updates on Frontier? I was talking with a county worker at the ramp on Sunday, he mentioned something about the county filling in that hole at the edge of the concrete. Just wondering if anyone has heard if they have or plan on doing this.

Jaxdog

They have been pushing boats in at Stratton (Morley Park) or in Pinewood on hwy 11

Have a good one

Frontier is fine back in and cut your trailer hard down river no problem the hole is on the right side. Seen a couple trailers with broken axels just stay to the down river side. I have a bunk and need to sink it to get it off and i had no issues in 3 days.

Thanks,

Im not to familaiar with the river, by pushing in do you mean by hand over ice or can I back a trailer at these landings?

Jaxdog

Last time I checked the Pinewood landing it was push over ice. (20 feet or so) My buddies fished the Morley Park and that was push in also. I will stop after work and check the Pinewood landing and post later tonight.

Rob