Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
RoyalDutchman

2013 River Conditions for Spring Fishing!

Walleyehunter82

We have always joked about grabbing a case of beer and setting up lawn chairs at one of the ramps and watch people coming on and off. I gurantee you would see some interesting things, especially if the ramp is icy. I got to believe it would be pure comedy.

elusivecrappiecatcher

The low temps at night and upper 30's forcasted, in my opinion the forks will be not letting loose as to some say. I we would have to have a week of 50+ and full sun to get that fast of a melt going on.

I am headed up Next thursday the 11th through the 14th. I will almost put money down says the forks don't let loose before that..

Just my opinion.

certified jumbo

Next weeks temps don't look overly warm. Besides the next couple of days, the temps look decent for a slow thaw. That being said, you never know what will happen, its the rainy river.

Right now most fishing reports are decent, water is clear and current is slow. If I could get away, I would go now and not risk it. Just my .02.

RoyalDutchman

April 3rd, 2013:

The Birchdale Landing is open to big boats! Frontier still has some shore ice so boats are pushing off there. The River is open about 4 miles West of Frontier so it hasn't moved much in the last few days. The forecast is calling for some warmer temperatures! Some groups seemed to have a good day yesterday while other groups weren't as lucky. It was a cold and windy day for them yesterday!

Birchdale Landing:

full-40547-31734-april3(2).jpg

Frontier Landing:

full-40547-31735-april3(1).jpg

Walleyehunter82

So it looks like just 1 of the 2 ramps at Birchdale were opened? That should make for an interesting weekend if Frontier doesn't get opened up. People won't be getting off the river til midnite!!LOL

goose89

See a lot of aluminum boats...any big Rangers / glass boats being put in??

Looks pretty slick.

Someone with a pick-up and tow strap could probably make some good $$ pulling the bigger rigs out....

harvey lee

I always gave a few bags of sand along just incase the ramp is wet or the water has frozen from other boats going in and out.

Saves alot of time if you have some with.

goose89

AgreeJust Added Two Of Paver Base And 3/4" River Rock To Bucket Of Sand I Already Had. HoPe We Save The County Some Gravel ExpenseLater This Spring....Forgive Me For The Capital LetterS. Droid Swype Doesn't Jive With Fm I Guess.

2thepointsetters

Someone with a pick-up and tow strap could probably make some good $$ pulling the bigger rigs out....

I hope I don't meet you on the water or at a ramp. All the fisherman I know up here wouldn't hesitate to pull somebody out and they definitely wouldn't take any money to do it. All I can say is wow!

DTro

I just watched a video from today with more than 50 boats lined up on the shoulder at Birchdale...

on a Wednesday. smile

wetaline1

[goose89]Someone with a pick-up and tow strap could probably make some good $$ pulling the bigger rigs out....

Quote:

I hope I don't meet you on the water or at a ramp. All the fisherman I know up here wouldn't hesitate to pull somebody out and they definitely wouldn't take any money to do it. All I can say is wow!

City Folk

goose89

Wetaline, I resemble that statement! wink

goose89

2Thepoint, Easy Fella. That Wasn't My Point....Wasn't Out To OffendYou Or Any FishermEn u Know...I'll Be In New Lund Impact...I Like To Apologize In Person If Your Out There.

wetaline1

Hahahahah. Sylvan. Get it right.

One last ride.

LindellProStaf

I took a ride over to Birchdale yesterday. I counted 84 truck - trailers along the road. That was only about 2/3 of the way to the highway. There were another 20 or so at the landing parking in the overflow lot. Everything was going real smooth and noone was having any problems. At Frontier the lot was full and a few trucks were across the road but only about 5 of them. They were still launching on the shore ice.

Tolens

I see the landing in Pinewood is now being used , still ice along shore guys had to push in and out. No line up yet wink

Rob

Lostbay

Anyone know how close vidas is to launching over ice? All the years up there I've never had to launch my 14' tin can over ice (15hp motor)... Can anyone comment on the difficulty of unloading and more importantly loading by myself with this set-up? Given the current state of frontier.

RoyalDutchman

It probably has about 5-6 miles to go to get to Vidas as of yesterday.

RoyalDutchman
WE HAD SOME ROOMS OPEN UP FOR SUNDAY NIGHT (APRIL 7TH), MONDAY NIGHT (8TH), TUESDAY NIGHT (9TH), AND THURSDAY NIGHT (11TH).

Wally Lindner

Two of us fished yesterday. Caught 23 with one over ten pounds. Due to the low current the bite is slow compared to normal years up there in the spring. Waited thirty minutes to load, however everyone was very fast at the ramp. WT 35.5, water clarity 2.5 feet. Saw four guys in a 12 foot boat, and the man in the front had his legs dangling over the bow. Think they need to buy a Ranger.

ProGuideEyes

Finally a report!! Awesome! Good for you guys

Wally Lindner

Here's another report. Talked to some friends (4) tonight that fished today. They said the morning bite was very slow and then thinks picked up in the afternoon. Had a good day with ninety fish total, ten over 26, 29.5 biggest. They were casting, we caught ours yesterday trolling cranks.

MWard4400

Lostbay

Your loading and unloading is kind of up to you and your ability's, getting it off of the trailer is pretty easy, getting it back on is more work.

If you use a roller trailer it can be easy, but a fair amount of work. Most all of the guys at Birchdale and any of the landings are willing to help, or just help you out because that's the way most of the guys are. if you are all by yourself and no one else to help be prepared to do it all your self.

Like I said most guys are willing to help because it gets you out of the way so they can load or unload.

Once loaded or unloaded you are expected to get out of the way so others can get in or out.

Mark

eyesorskis

just got home from the river and unfortunately the bite today was horrible for me and for every other group that i talked to... 3 fish for me today and i talked to about ten other groups and the most i heard of anyone boating was seven fish... sorry for the bad report but tried about a dozen spots from birchdale to the ice by the church.... hopefully it will pick up

Mike Stark

fished the last couple days on the river. yesterday was ok. today was real slow. did not see many walleye caught today. lots of sturgeon but not many eyes. did hear of a few big females being caught but most of the fish being caught were smaller males or river fish. the ice was open to about a mile past the church. we got to birchdale at about 6:50am this morning and there were 20-30 boats there already. waited around 45min-1hr on each end .

we stayed at the dutchmans. nice folks and clean rooms. smile

this was at birchdale at around 7am.

photo3_zps4afe4e1e.jpg