• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Cool Cats 2013

I will have an ion there, you can play with it all you want if I can drop off jr. in your wheelhouse for the day grin And to any one new to cats or ice fishing in general, will have some extra space and equipment if you want to give it a shot. Just PM me. Looks like the day is going to start off rather brisk and we might not get there till it is at least 5 below wink

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• DTro

• Rick G

• NKLCOLT1911

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there with my brother around 9. We will be in a red jeep Cherokee. I just got into the cats this last summer and am really looking forward to meeting you guys that got me interested in them .u

I will have an ion there, you can play with it all you want if I can drop off jr. in your wheelhouse for the day grin

You know, we did that during the kids GTG on South Center a couple years ago with my other house. Had kids movies playing on the TV. It worked out great. Kids used it as a warming house smile

As far a Cool Cats....I won't be needing yours, but would love for you to bring it.

I know you don't need it....you just need to see how it performs against your gator. I won't say its better, but you will have a lot more competition than from the red one wink

"cough" do think it is faster though "cough"

I'll be up Friday late afternoon grey Silverado and the Grump's Bump shack in tow for the weekend.

Time to get cooking them beans up smile

I'd be happy to adminstrate an auger competition too and can probably find a small prize to give to the winner of that as well. grin

"The Grump is back Shack" LOL

Just a heads up, we have between 18-22in of ice in the meth hole area, so we should be good. There is a visable (road) where trucks have been driving back to the spot. Just follow the tracks in the ice and you should be fine.

It would be a good idea to stop at your local grocery store and pick up a tub of chicken liver. It's been out producing minnows latley. If you can't find any at you local store, the Teal's in Cold Spring should have some.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

No set ending for the event. Usually a few stay all day. Some stick around for the evening bite. I'll stick around as long as my back holds out.

Just a heads up, we have between 18-22in of ice in the meth hole area, so we should be good. There is a visable (road) where trucks have been driving back to the spot. Just follow the tracks in the ice and you should be fine.

It would be a good idea to stop at your local grocery store and pick up a tub of chicken liver. It's been out producing minnows latley. If you can't find any at you local store, the Teal's in Cold Spring should have some.

Thanks for the info Rick.

I know you don't need it....you just need to see how it performs against your gator. I won't say its better, but you will have a lot more competition than from the red one wink

"cough" do think it is faster though "cough"

OOoooh, it's you smile Yup, just curious. I'm not making any predictions, just looking to have a little fun grin

I found someone to team up with, thank you.

So, as far as gaining access, is it safe to say drive it from the winter access to near the meth hole gathering?

Thank you,

Here is what Rick G posted

Thinking about heading there today for the first time. Are the tracks of vehicles visible with the no snow cover we have going off the winter access? Just want to make sure before I go there. river systems tend to sketch me out a little bit.

I'll be up Friday late afternoon grey Silverado and the Grump's Bump shack in tow for the weekend.

Time to get cooking them beans up smile

i might be able to leave the heater at home if your bringing those beans shocked

Rick we have several tubs of chicken livers also other bait and tackle if anyone needs to get some. We are just north of the winter access

Thinking about heading there today for the first time. Are the tracks of vehicles visible with the no snow cover we have going off the winter access? Just want to make sure before I go there. river systems tend to sketch me out a little bit.

Yes, they are visable, even without snow.

Miller23, I take it you are talking about Channel Marine? This would be convenient for us if there was a {decent} bait shop around that will cater to catfisherman wink.

Rick ,

Channel marine is the place I'm talking about . starting to gear the shop to better help catfisherman, any ideas would be helpful. bait,tackle. The info that comes from this site is great.

There are many with great tips and alot of people stopping mention this site when they are picking up bait for cats

If you know someone who has an old freezer and if you sell suckers..... just take the floaters and tagem and bagem.........we will pay you money for dead stinky things smile

Channel marine is the place I'm talking about . starting to gear the shop to better help catfisherman, any ideas would be helpful. bait,tackle. The info that comes from this site is great.

There are many with great tips and alot of people stopping mention this site when they are picking up bait for cats

You get the cat guys coming in to your shop and it might become a cult like following grin Not many catfish friendly bait shops in the area. Even had one shop owner tell me to throw all the cats I catch onto the ice because they destroyed HIS walleye lake..Lol, that was the last time I will in that place wink

as long as people don't break to many tubes of stink bait in the shop i can handle it, could be a little hard on those with a sensitive nose.

I've also been part of the cat cult for some time. I think your signature at the bottom of your posts is right on (Selective harvest)

But in my book they can be great table fare

Well it'll be a first for me and my fishing buddy Blake, as we plan on heading there around 5 am Saturday morning (180 plus miles one way). Looking forward to it. Chickens livers? Yuk. Is that really neccessary? smile

Wish I could be there but I have a kids event in the early afternoon by the Iowa border. Good reason to miss I guess, I'll be helping some little ones catch fish.

Have fun and get one for me!

Chickens livers? Yuk. Is that really neccessary? smile

Lol, let it sit out for a hour or two so it gets semi frozen. It's a bit less messy to deal with.

I will be the guy in the chicken liver stained Ice Armor grin

Well it'll be a first for me and my fishing buddy Blake, as we plan on heading there around 5 am Saturday morning (180 plus miles one way). Looking forward to it. Chickens livers? Yuk. Is that really neccessary? smile

Look forward to seeing you Greg. The chicken liver is for the catfish. No need for the fisherman to partake. :-)

Re: Chicken livers - it just brings back memories of many, many years ago, fishing for catfish on the St. Louis River. In mid-summer, stinking, fly attracting mess (and yes, hopefully there will be no flies out there tomorrow!) That's a good tip though, to let it partially freeze. That oughtta help some.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

16 above now, 16 below saturdayat 5 a.m...... I hope they are wrong. lol. good thing heaters were invented smile