• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Share your Favorite Ice fishing Photos

FrontenacPike

I think there has only been 2 times that I have gone ice fishing w/o kids. I know it says this year but can't help it...

My son Alex, 4 years old, first time ice fishing

IM000121-1.jpg

5 years old

DSC04231.jpg

12-09-2010-alex-crappie.jpg

DSC02139.jpg

IMG00573.jpg

6 years old

2011-12-28_15-26-03_593.jpg

7 years old

2012-02-04_17-52-46_32.jpg

8 years old - 2013

IMG_0503_zps1f0503d8.jpg

Daughter Piper, 2 years old, excited to go in 2013

2012-11-17_09-14-36_127.jpg

Daughter Saige enjoying a day of fishing

DSC02149.jpg

IMG_7856.jpg

Ok, did not really picture you as a putting a sweater on his lap dog kind of guy......could see you testing out those sweet perry slippers when the kidlet is sleeping though......

What dog?

Oh that thing... lol!

The girls came up with that get up for him for hunting season, so he doesn't get shot for... impersonating a wood chuck??? grin

That dam dog walks around the house checking bobbers, he goes from one hole to the next checking bobbers. If he see's you pick up a rod he's right there with his head hanging over the hole. He gets the lap dog nervous trembles and whimpers a little, he just can't wait for the next fish to come up out of that magic fish hole. grin

I seriously do need a big pair of them platypus slippers.

smile

^^^that's one happy pike fisher!^^^ awesome photo.

Dave do ya have any hand me down dog clothes? my wife dreses up the cat an he likes it. Awsome picture also!

Ok, I'll admit.... I cut the sleeve off an old red union suit (trap door long johns) and made a shirt for the stupid little critter lol!

The wrist cuff on a shirt sleeve fits his neck really nice.

grin

IMG_00232_zpsa00efa1b-1_zpsf4823bd9.jpg

IMG_0024_zpsd503ca65.jpg

My Grandson Devin Jan 1st, 2013 after only fishing for 10 min. he caught this 45 inch muskie while he was fishing lake trout. He was using a white tube jig. It does helps that he lives at Muskie Bay Resort and that his grandpa is a guide. What a surprise he had when he pulled out a muskie, it also surprised grandpa. And then right after he put the muskie back, he caught a 26 inch lake trout. [

Dave I love that PIc. What a great Smile. That cracks me up- My Kids are teenagers now and miss them being that age

IMG_00232_zpsa00efa1b-1_zpsf4823bd9.jpg

IMG_0024_zpsd503ca65.jpg

My Grandson Devin Jan 1st, 2013 after only fishing for 10 min. he caught this 45 inch muskie while he was fishing lake trout. He was using a white tube jig. It does helps that he lives at Muskie Bay Resort and that his grandpa is a guide. What a surprise he had when he pulled out a muskie, it also surprised grandpa. And then right after he put the muskie back, he caught a 26 inch lake trout. [

Just awesome!

A beautiful sunrise to a great day of fishing.

full-26433-29621-2013_01_13_08_00_19_121

Wind picking up to 35, 50mph gusts soon followed.

full-26433-29623-2013_01_19_12_21_17_950

A cold, yet highly anticipated sunrise after a brutal night and the piles of snow left behind.

full-26433-29622-2013_01_20_07_56_20_33.

It's pretty cool to see all the pics with kids in them. I have three daughters myself and they love to fish.

Truth...that pic from Red Lake? almost looks like me and the father-in-laws rigs in the back ground there...lol I know we were up there for one of the chilly wind blows...with the fresh snow they had it was crazy to watch houses just disappear while looking at them when it would blow!

1st time holding a fish and at 23.5" she picked a good one

full-33683-29867-haleys1stredlakewalleye

• 2 weeks later...

full-21018-30233-cache_38685772041.jpg

Just took out my boy for the first time this Saturday, and I am pretty sure he is hooked for life. He is holding a 10 inch sunfish and his smile was just as big as the fish. Now the wife can go shopping with our daughter and the boy and I cn be chasing fish. I LOVE IT.

• The topic was unlocked

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jparrucci
      Very low, probably 2 feet lower than last year at ice out.
    • mbeyer
      what do they look like this spring?
    • SkunkedAgain
      I might have missed a guess, but here are the ones that I noted:   JerkinLips – March 27th, then April 7th Brianf. – March 28th Bobberwatcher – April…. MikeG3Boat – April 10th SkunkedAgain – early April, then April 21st   Definitely a tough year for guesses, as it seemed to be a no-brainer early ice out. Then it got cold and snowed again.
    • mbeyer
      MN DNR posted April 13 as Ice out date for Vermilion
    • Brianf.
      ^^^45 in the morning and 47 in the evening
    • CigarGuy
      👍. What was the water temp in Black Bay? Thanks....
    • Brianf.
      No, that wasn't me.  I drive a 621 Ranger. 
    • CigarGuy
      So, that was you in the camo lund? I'm bummed, I have to head back to the cities tomorrow for a few days, then back up for at least a few weeks. Got the dock in and fired up to get out chasing some crappies till opener!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Lots of ice on the main basin, but it is definitely deteriorating.  Some anglers have been fishing the open water at the mouth of the Rainy River in front of the Lighthouse Gap.  The rest of the basin is still iced over. Pike enthusiasts caught some big pike earlier last week tip up fishing in pre-spawn areas adjacent to traditional spawning areas.  8 - 14' of water using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring has been the ticket.  Ice fishing for all practical purposes is done for the year. The focus for the basin moving forward will be pike transitioning into back bays to spawn,  This is open water fishing and an opportunity available as the pike season is open year round on Lake of the Woods. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. With both the ice fishing and spring fishing on the Rainy River being so good, many are looking forward to the MN Fishing Opener on Saturday, May 11th.  It should be epic. On the Rainy River...  An absolutely incredible week of walleye and sturgeon fishing on the Rain Rainy River.     Walleye anglers, as a rule, caught good numbers of fish and lots of big fish.  This spring was one for the books.   To follow that up, the sturgeon season is currently underway and although every day can be different, many boats have caught 30 - 40 sturgeon in a day!  We have heard of fish measuring into the low 70 inch range.  Lots in the 60 - 70 inch range as well.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  Open water is continuing to expand in areas with current.  The sight of open water simply is wetting the pallet of those eager for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th.   A few locals were on the ice this week, targeting pike.  Some big slimers were iced along with some muskies as well.  If you like fishing for predators, LOW is healthy!  
    • Brianf.
      Early bird gets the worm some say...   I have it on good authority that this very special angler caught no walleyes or muskies and that any panfish caught were released unharmed.        

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.