Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bigstick56

Anchor Question

bigstick56

I recently purchased a new rictor anchor, my question to you guys is how much chain would you recomend that I use from the anchor to the mainline....Thanks

Scott K

If you fish big water, with big waves, you want the chain to obsorb the waves. If you fish small lakes and rivers, you dont need as much.

harvey lee

I would use 3ft of chain and let our 3 times the rope per the depth you are anchoring in. 20ft of water-60ft of rope. Sets the anchors very well.

Or, use a digger anchor and forget about the chain.

If you do not have an anchor quite large enough for your boat, in heavy waves, you can purchase a unit that works like a shock absorber. It's like a bungee cord and goes between your anchor rope and the boat. When the boat rocks from the waves, the bungee like cord will stretch and not pull near as much to pull your anchor lose from the bottom. They do help alot.

Stick in Mud

I would use 3ft of chain and let our 3 times the rope per the depth you are anchoring in. 20ft of water-60ft of rope. Sets the anchors very well.

Or, use a digger anchor and forget about the chain.

If you do not have an anchor quite large enough for your boat, in heavy waves, you can purchase a unit that works like a shock absorber. It's like a bungee cord and goes between your anchor rope and the boat. When the boat rocks from the waves, the bungee like cord will stretch and not pull near as much to pull your anchor lose from the bottom. They do help alot.

+1

Down Deep

I have a Richtor and started with 3 feet and now use1'. It's easier to handle. I have found no problem keeping it stuck to the bottom in the big surf of lakes like the deep Rainy and shallow Red.

I just made post #2000.

ozzie

here is something to condider for the ones that go without a chain (I am one of them)...I have noticed that I need to go buy a chain as my rope get full of weeds or algae from the lake that is impossible to remove and I would imagine that it will be an easy way for the state to gian funds with the transporting invasives deal. I think a chain will make it easier to remove weeds making it easier to leave the lake. Just a heads up

bASS_BLASTER

If I find myself anchoring in 8-9 fow, I don't use any chain or rope system. No more dealing with weed, mud and gunk. I have a long 10' 3/4" fiberglass rod with 100,000psi strength, $62 for a pair. I have a special bracket so the fiberglass rod goes through bracket and anchored to bottom. I'm looking for 15', unfortunately the company I bought this from doesn't have a 15'. The original mfg who made this anchor system is over priced and they only make up to 12' for $89 + $70 shipping.

Down Deep

The pole/pivot systems seem like they woul be great for shallow water and setting up for bass or musky fishing which they are designed for.